New Build. Noob Builder. Power seems to come through the motherboard but no Bios screen or anything on the Monitor

Banjoko

Brand new build and nothing showing on my monitor. Never made a computer and have little to no knowledge on the subject.

I have managed to get the Case Fans and Case Fans RGB to turn on when I switch my Power Supply on (Not when I press the On/Off switch on the case itself which has me believing I have the Power Switch wired incorrectly, photos included) I also have power to my CPU Cooler Fan, However still nothing on my monitor which is brand new dell Touchscreeen.

I’ve added photos showing the 2 Power S/W wires and the 2 Power LED wires and how they are plugged in. Along with how the monitor is plugged in using both HDMI and USB (I think). Have you any idea where I’m going wrong?

It does say ‘press a key on keypad or move mouse’ on my monitor briefly before going into standby mode, but how can I do that with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard that isn’t yet paired with to the PC? Is there another way? Could it be as simple as I just need to get a wired keyboard and press a key? I would of thought the bios screen would be there when you switch the whole system on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

This is killing me! Been 2 months bookending emergency Stomach surgery over Christmas!

I know I shouldn’t have skimped on a cheap Case but couldn’t afford a better one at the time.

FYI Gigabyte X570S UD MOBO, AMD 6700XT GPU, AMD 5800X3D CPU, Wireless Mouse and Keyboard TP Line Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Card. X2 16GB Corsair RAM. 1000W Corsair PSU. SSD, cant remember, can get info if necessary. 

9179DFBF-B3FC-4AF8-8343-77107EE31EAD.jpeg

56DD0644-28F6-436E-8BB7-1E81FE583787.jpeg

2B1E2588-470A-4C2C-81CC-688DBF9038B6.jpeg

E8E068AC-55A4-41E7-B048-7E8DE541DC4F.jpeg

20199391-0542-4766-B167-CA9F27338AC1.jpeg

1401A7FE-9A55-42FE-A525-B2A66D9F4A11.jpeg

3B516AB8-C961-48C4-B5C4-F9463929511A.jpeg

15 minutes ago, Banjoko said:

Brand new build and nothing showing on my monitor. Never made a computer and have little to no knowledge on the subject.

I have managed to get the Case Fans and Case Fans RGB to turn on when I switch my Power Supply on (Not when I press the On/Off switch on the case itself which has me believing I have the Power Switch wired incorrectly, photos included) I also have power to my CPU Cooler Fan, However still nothing on my monitor which is brand new dell Touchscreeen.

I’ve added photos showing the 2 Power S/W wires and the 2 Power LED wires and how they are plugged in. Along with how the monitor is plugged in using both HDMI and USB (I think). Have you any idea where I’m going wrong?

It does say ‘press a key on keypad or move mouse’ on my monitor briefly before going into standby mode, but how can I do that with Bluetooth mouse and keyboard that isn’t yet paired with to the PC? Is there another way? Could it be as simple as I just need to get a wired keyboard and press a key? I would of thought the bios screen would be there when you switch the whole system on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards.

This is killing me! Been 2 months bookending emergency Stomach surgery over Christmas!

I know I shouldn’t have skimped on a cheap Case but couldn’t afford a better one at the time.

FYI Gigabyte X570S UD MOBO, AMD 6700XT GPU, AMD 5800X3D CPU, Wireless Mouse and Keyboard TP Line Bluetooth/Wi-Fi Card. X2 16GB Corsair RAM. 1000W Corsair PSU. SSD, cant remember, can get info if necessary. 

2B1E2588-470A-4C2C-81CC-688DBF9038B6.jpeg

if you look at the picture with your power led and power button connector... just below it is how it should be.. they are swapped around... and you need + at + and - on -..  

you basicaly have power button connector on the LED pins, and power led connectors swapped + and - on the power button pins. 

pwr_led bottom right is more correct.. that means 1 pin between. .. the pled is disk activity.. but check your mainboard to be sure. 

4 minutes ago, Robchil said:

if you look at the picture with your power led and power button connector... just below it is how it should be.. they are swapped around... and you need + at + and - on -..  

you basicaly have power button connector on the LED pins, and power led connectors swapped + and - on the power button pins. 

pwr_led bottom right is more correct.. that means 1 pin between. .. the pled is disk activity.. but check your mainboard to be sure. 

exactly your POWER SW needs to go where you have the POWER LED -/+

Fantastic. Thanks so much for your swift reply. I will try this! 🙂

8 minutes ago, Banjoko said:

Fantastic. Thanks so much for your swift reply. I will try this! 🙂

that's actually where most fumbles.. but it's a learning curve for everyone 🙂

This has solved the Switch problem, for that I thank you.

On the monitor it says “Press any Key”etc (please see image below)

I only have a wireless Keyboard and mouse. There’s no way its a simple as me just needing a wired Keyboard to get it working is it? 

F4FE605E-B975-4B69-A00B-120ED7B51829.jpeg

20 minutes ago, Banjoko said:

This has solved the Switch problem, for that I thank you.

On the monitor it says “Press any Key”etc (please see image below)

I only have a wireless Keyboard and mouse. There’s no way its a simple as me just needing a wired Keyboard to get it working is it? 

F4FE605E-B975-4B69-A00B-120ED7B51829.jpeg

uhm.. usually inside the lid for the batteries there is a USB dongle to turn connect keyboard and or mouse to your computer.. check if it's something there? 

battery lid on the keyboard and mouse.. 

if you find a USB plug.. plug it in.. 

if it's a combo pack one will work for both, if not, plug in both usb dongles for usb and keyboard. 

I haven’t got one unfortunately. In your opinion could the resolution be this simple? I am worried I have overtightened my CPU cooler as it was difficult getting the screws to reach where they are seated. Could over-tightening damage the CPU in your experience or is this rare?

Below is how it is now wired. Power LED Top Left. Power Switch directly next to it on its Right. HDD LED Bottom Left as per the wiring text below everything at the bottom of the MOBO. Are there any other wires that are necessary to the PC booting that need to be put in? I.E.  - RES +   - CI +   + SPEAK -   + PWR LED -  

@Banjoko - regarding the "no signal" on your monitor. You have the monitor cable plugged into your motherboard, not the GPU. The 5800X3D doesn't have integrated graphics, you need to be using your dedicated graphics card.