Mac VS Windows

I'm looking for a new laptop for mainly school use and a bit of light gaming.

My budget is around 1500€

I've found 2 laptops that I like in that budget, the M2 Macbook Air and the Lenovo Yoga Slim 7 Pro X.
Again, the main purpose of the laptop will be school work, so that means that it'll be in my backpack for like a lot of time, so the thin and light Macbook would be better for that and it's powerful enough for everything I'll need and I don't care about it overheating, cause I just won't push it that hard, also the battery life is great. The Yoga Slim 7 Pro X is more powerful, but I don't think that I'll need that power, but it'll be nice to have when I want to play smth more demanding, but the screen is SOOOOO much better than the MacBook, 120HZ 3K. There are more things, but I just can't remember them all atm.

So I honestly can't choose between them, both have good aspects that I like.

I've used Windows laptops for decades and here is the honest to god truth: Buy the Apple.

First a clarification, the MB Air has a screen refresh rate of 60 Hz. The Air does not have ProMotion. Only the MacBook Pro (14 and 16) models have it. It's not noticeable. Frankly I don't understand its purpose in a laptop that can't really game or touchscreen lol

Second, look into GeForce Now for gaming. This is a new, cloud centric world that we live in. The concept of gaming has changed with cloud services and while I admit it's not the same experience as a dedicated gaming device right in front of you, it's a great workaround for Apple devices. I mean you don't have to deal with storage, downloading games, installation, updates, save games, DRMs, anti-cheat roots, or the noise and heat. The free tier is fun to play around in.

32 minutes ago, Dr0idGh0sT said:

If you want to game even a little forget existence of MAC at all.

That is not entirely accurate. Compared to PC, there are only a fraction of games for Macs, but they do exist

Sincerely,

Someone who made the switch from PC to Mac.

NOTE: I no longer frequent this site. If you really need help, PM/DM me and my e.mail will alert me. 

Yoga SLim 7 ProX has 120 Hz, but that's it.

3k or "2,5k" won't matter at all, both will have enough Pixel density so you don't see any pixels anymore, and not any pixel structures from the Panel itself.

Macbook Displays are extremely well calibrated.

Macbook Air M2 Display is also brighter with 500 nits vs. 400 nits on the Lenovo.

Macbook will be Silent forever.

Macbook will last you pretty much double as long.

And outside of Gaming you probably won't ever notice any heat.

Performance difference won't be noticeable. Yes, the Yoga has like 30% higher Multicore. But at what cost?

That performance is only there plugged in. Oh, you're in battery mode? Who knows how much it throttles instantly just because. Well, the reviewers don't because they never test performance unplugged.

Also, highly optimized MacOS vs. Windows that runs anything anywhere. That alone will "feel" different.

The Macbook will feel just as fast, maybe even faster due to many aspects. Maybe not.
But i promise, everyday school stuff won't be enough to stress those machines out. They will be bored.

--> Macbook is the better choice, because it's silent, has a long batterylife, and high performance. CPU and GPU.

Check if your Applications and Games run on MacOS.

They do? -> Macbook.

They don't? -> find an alternative Software, don't use the software, or buy Windows.

3 hours ago, Darkseth said:

Yoga SLim 7 ProX has 120 Hz, but that's it.

3k or "2,5k" won't matter at all, both will have enough Pixel density so you don't see any pixels anymore, and not any pixel structures from the Panel itself.

Macbook Displays are extremely well calibrated.

Macbook Air M2 Display is also brighter with 500 nits vs. 400 nits on the Lenovo.

Macbook will be Silent forever.

Macbook will last you pretty much double as long.

And outside of Gaming you probably won't ever notice any heat.

Performance difference won't be noticeable. Yes, the Yoga has like 30% higher Multicore. But at what cost?

That performance is only there plugged in. Oh, you're in battery mode? Who knows how much it throttles instantly just because. Well, the reviewers don't because they never test performance unplugged.

Also, highly optimized MacOS vs. Windows that runs anything anywhere. That alone will "feel" different.

The Macbook will feel just as fast, maybe even faster due to many aspects. Maybe not.
But i promise, everyday school stuff won't be enough to stress those machines out. They will be bored.

--> Macbook is the better choice, because it's silent, has a long batterylife, and high performance. CPU and GPU.

Check if your Applications and Games run on MacOS.

They do? -> Macbook.

They don't? -> find an alternative Software, don't use the software, or buy Windows.

How hard is it to learn mac os for a person who has used windows his entire life?

3 hours ago, Kuldar_Joel said:

How hard is it to learn mac os for a person who has used windows his entire life?

Not really that hard. I did it, I mean Im not a Mac expert but Ive been using one for about 3 years now and you kinda figure things out as you go. The Mac is even better if you have an iPhone as you can get your text messages and phone calls on the computer. I know this can be done with Windows but it just works without any bullshit having to be installed, because its built in to Apple's products. 

I just want to sit back and watch the world burn. 

23 hours ago, Kuldar_Joel said:

Well, how hard was it to learn Windows 10 after you used Windows XP and 7 for many years?

How Hard is it to learn the buttons of another car.

It's really simple. Just look at how many non-tech persons use Macbooks.

Most Things are quite intuitive, for some you kinda need to google how to do it. Like certain shortcuts, or hover the mouse over the green button to do split screen (however, i recommend Tiles or Rectangle).
There are alot of youtube videos with tips and tricks.
For example this Channel is really helpful: https://www.youtube.com/@macmost