Canadian parts drought?

Anyone else finding it REALLY hard to find some parts in Canada, especially Lian Li fans? Well, atleast anywhere other than Amazon which wants almost $60 CAD for a single AL 120

If you’re just trying to buy stuff, I offer the workaround of Ebay. There’s a lot of new stuff there too.  Set your location to North America which includes the USA and Mexico but excludes everything else.  In theory anyway.  If you find something it should exclude Asia and Europe but people will attempt to cheat the system and to wind up with two or 3  month delivery times if you’re not careful. 

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

3 minutes ago, Bombastinator said:

Ebay

I never think about Ebay. Just never occurs to me to look their for new parts. Only used/old stuff

1 minute ago, Gpizzle135 said:

I never think about Ebay. Just never occurs to me to look their for new parts. Only used/old stuff

People sell all kinds of crap there.  They do it from all over the world though.  You can set filters to exclude that stuff, but listings can slip through the cracks accidentally or on purpose, so you need to check actual shipping location by hand.  I got screwed that way for Christmas presents.  I couldn’t wait the 3 months for shipping.

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

Canada has always had a relatively crap market, especially compared to the US. This is unfortunately the way of things, but over the years you find ways to get what you need/want.

eBay definitely helps but you'll have to make peace with shipping costs and import fees. These are often helped if the Global Shipping Program is used but it adds time on to the shipping. Many sellers in the US don't actually ship to Canada in some cases, so make sure you use the .ca variant of the site and not .com as it'll only display listings that actively ship up to us.  You can always message a seller and work out a deal for them to ship to you, but again it can be expensive.

There's always Newegg of course. They carry a lot of interesting stuff but I don't trust anything on there that isn't "Shipped by Newegg." Whatever they have, Amazon usually has and it's Prime. 

There's more specialized vendors in Canada for hard to get parts, just have to know where to look and be prepared to pay a price premium.

The New Machine: Intel 11700K / Strix Z590-A WIFI II / Patriot Viper Steel 4400MHz 2x8GB / Gigabyte RTX 3080 Gaming OC w/ Bykski WB / x4 1TB SSDs (x2 M.2, x2 2.5) / Corsair 5000D Airflow White / EVGA G6 1000W / Custom Loop CPU & GPU

The Rainbow X58: i7 975 Extreme Edition @4.2GHz, Asus Sabertooth X58, 6x2GB Mushkin Redline DDR3-1600 @2000MHz, SP 256GB Gen3 M.2 w/ Sabrent M.2 to PCI-E, Inno3D GTX 580 x2 SLI w/ Heatkiller waterblocks, Custom loop in NZXT Phantom White, Corsair XR7 360 rad hanging off the rear end, 360 slim rad up top. RGB everywhere.

It’s also fairly common or used to be, anyway, to nip into the us.  There used to be stores in Detroit that catered specifically to Canadians fromthe other side of the lake coming across the bridge, and visa versa.  A lot of citizens keep po boxes in both countries to take advantage of whatever national law change.  At the end of ww1 my grandfather took his mustering out pay in gold and stored it in a P.O. Box in Canada because it was illegal to do in the US.  That money got the family through the Great Depression.

Edited by Bombastinator

7 hours ago, Gpizzle135 said:

Anyone else finding it REALLY hard to find some parts in Canada, especially Lian Li fans? Well, atleast anywhere other than Amazon which wants almost $60 CAD for a single AL 120

if only someone would resurrect NCIX

ebay has not much ether i looked. probably just more supply problems... or the stuff that was imported is drying up. i think there are tarrifes on that stuff? ammazon can also sell stuff at a hier price then els ware too. there just not much options in canada any more.

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

Memory express seems to have a wide assortment of Lian Li cooling gear.  They ship canada wide and will match any price, not sure WTF OP issue is.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/Cooling?FilterID=55f1290e-d5d3-5a68-9263-d5704ff84b72

Slayerking92

<Type something witty here>
<Link to some pcpartpicker fantasy build and claim as my own>

21 minutes ago, Slayerking92 said:

Memory express seems to have a wide assortment of Lian Li cooling gear.  They ship canada wide and will match any price, not sure WTF OP issue is.

https://www.memoryexpress.com/Category/Cooling?FilterID=55f1290e-d5d3-5a68-9263-d5704ff84b72

I suspect stuff like this shifts by the hour and when people look they think what it’s like at that specific moment is what it’s like in general when it isn’t.  I don’t know who if anyone is right about this one.  To get that kind of read it would have to be an averag of a number taken every few minutes for a month. 

1 hour ago, Slayerking92 said:

I thought they where a US shop. Now I know better

Yeah while maybe not official I could see it. 

Took me a while to find an itx motherboard in stock anywhere at msrp 

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)