Notification bundling after "activation"

Quackers101

Maybe if it works any good or not.

But when clicking notification to see but then a new one comes of the same thread, if those could then be bundled together?
That between showed and newer notification of th same thing, adding a +1 to it instead?

except quotes? If anyone else think that would be nice or dont care.

more of a small detail, it might not be worth it.

Unless I am misreading this post, I think what you are saying is already a thing. To me, it seems like every type of “event” whether it is a comment, quote, or reaction is categorized. You will only get one notification for each of the three types on each topic until you clear that notification and can get it again.

Well, that or I don’t get enough notifications to notice a problem…

064642FB-77B5-423D-A9DC-0805DBE9B341.jpeg

My PC Specs: (expand to view)

Main Gaming Machine

CPU: Intel Core i7-10700K - OC to 5 GHz All Cores
CPU Cooler: Corsair iCUE H115i RGB Pro XT (Front Mounted AIO)
Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI)
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600

Storage: Intel 665p 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME SSD (x2)
Video Card: Zotac RTX 3070 8 GB GAMING Twin Edge OC

Power Supply: Corsair RM850 850W
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow
Case Fan 120mm: Noctua F12 PWM 54.97 CFM 120 mm (x1)
Case Fan 140mm: Noctua A14 PWM 82.5 CFM 140 mm (x4)
Monitor Main: Asus VG278QR 27.0" 1920x1080 165 Hz
Monitor Vertical: Asus VA27EHE 27.0" 1920x1080 75 Hz

15 minutes ago, TylerD321 said:

Unless I am misreading this post, I think what you are saying is already a thing.

it is, when building up, not adding up on previous. as an "older notifi" doesnt get it. it builds over time, and more topics one are on, and how active it is.

Not a needed feature, but could be a nice to have.

Edited by Quackers101

Am I understanding correctly that what you're asking for is:

• Follow a topic
  • A few people reply to the topic, so you get one notification saying "a, b, c and 3 others replied to x" (same as how it works today)
  • You read the notification, visit the topic
  • A few more people reply to the topic, and now rather than sending a new notification saying "d, e, f and 1 other replied to x", it would get merged with the existing notification to say "a, b, c and 7 others replied to x"?

If that's correct, can you elaborate on why you want that? It would make it harder to distinguish what has actually happened that you haven't seen yet.

The only reason I can think of for this is avoiding having one topic being responsible for a lot of the notifications in your list, but it would only be a lot of the old, read notifications - if this is the problem, can you explain why this is a problem, and why you're interested in the old notifications?

HTTP/2 203

1 hour ago, colonel_mortis said:

- You read the notification

The only reason I can think of for this is avoiding having one topic being responsible for a lot of the notifications in your list, but it would only be a lot of the old, read notifications - if this is the problem, can you explain why this is a problem, and why you're interested in the old notifications?

not only read, but by clicking the icon as "read" (if one did or did not). just my goofy goober clicking everytime I see a popup to see what it is, but instead of waiting for the "bundling/collecting" to start. its not of any major need, just wanted to state it and if others would want the same. so one thread starts filling the notify but other notification you might be more interested in, will drown.

6 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

not only read, but by clicking the icon as "read" (if one did or did not). just my goofy goober clicking everytime I see a popup to see what it is, but instead of waiting for the "bundling/collecting" to start. its not of any major need, just wanted to state it and if others would want the same. so one thread starts filling the notify but other notification you might be more interested in, will drown.

So you have multiple unread notifications in the notification menu, but are clicking the notification popups when they show up in the corner of the screen, so those notifications are downing out the existing unread notifications?

That's interesting, we used to have roughly the behaviour that you ask for (clicking the notification toast didn't mark the notification as read), but we got consistent feedback that people didn't like that. You're the first person I've seen to request it the other way.

HTTP/2 203

Spoiler

oh I guess, count it as read in icon, but the notification itself is still "unread" until clicked on? how about that?

although an added layer of read, unread and clicked state.

nvm, i'm just confusing myself.

4 minutes ago, Quackers101 said:

oh I guess, count it as read in icon, but the notification itself is still "unread" until clicked on? how about that?

If you click on 'View all notifications' the full list of notifications will highlight notifications you have not clicked on by displaying them in bold text.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450