Show system tray icons on multiple monitors?

Spotty

Within Windows 10 is there a way to enable tray icons in the task bar to display on multiple monitors? I couldn't see an option for enabling tray icons on the secondary display in the Taskbar settings in Windows.

I'm using two monitors and I'd like to have the system tray icons display on both monitors. I already have the clock showing on both screens but I would like tray icons as well so I can keep an eye on program notifications and HWinfo64 tray icons when I'm in a full screen application on the primary display.

I know it's possible to drag the task bar to the secondary display to show the icons there but then you lose the tray icons from the primary display and I'd like to have them show on both simultaneously.

Only really interested in if there is a way to enable this within Windows, not looking for 3rd party programs.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

What your asking for is not possible as stated. I guess you are asking if there are some files or registries that you can edit to give you options not found in the regular menus? 

3rd party option: Display fusion

I have switched to windows 11 and my use for display fusion has been reduced since a lot for the features I needed are now integrated but for windows 10 there are still a lot of nice things you can gat out of it. It's not too expensive and you can get a perpetual license for it.

2 minutes ago, Gabriel Comsa said:

What your asking for is not possible as stated. I guess you are asking if there are some files or registries that you can edit to give you options not found in the regular menus? 

Not even looking for regedits, just curious if Windows had the option to enable it just in some random settings menu that I couldn't find. Windows 10 in my experience still has a lot of duplicated settings menus sometimes with different options, like the old Sound Control menu and the newer Sound settings menu. Seems strange that you can duplicate the rest of the task bar on secondary monitors but for some reason not tray icons.

4 minutes ago, Gabriel Comsa said:

3rd party option: Display fusion

I have switched to windows 11 and my use for display fusion has been reduced since a lot for the features I needed are now integrated but for windows 10 there are still a lot of nice things you can gat out of it. It's not too expensive and you can get a perpetual license for it.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep it in mind but I'm not really looking for a 3rd party program just to change a single taskbar setting. If I can't enable it I'll just live without it.

CPU: Intel i7 6700k  | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x16GB 3000MHz Corsair Vengeance LPX | GPU: Gigabyte Aorus GTX 1080ti | PSU: Corsair RM750x (2018) | Case: BeQuiet SilentBase 800 | Cooler: Arctic Freezer 34 eSports | SSD: Samsung 970 Evo 500GB + Samsung 840 500GB + Crucial MX500 2TB | Monitor: Acer Predator XB271HU + Samsung BX2450

i'm pretty sure system tray can only exist on the main taskbar.

On 1/16/2023 at 10:38 AM, Spotty said:

Windows 10 in my experience still has a lot of duplicated settings menus sometimes with different options, like the old Sound Control menu and the newer Sound settings menu.

Multi monitor task bars is a feature new to windows in 10, so there will not be any legacy interface for this. Under taskbar settings (right-click task bar, bottom option) you have the section multiple displays, where you have some options. The section above that is Notification area where the thing you are interested in can be configured. So unfortunately no, no build in option to do this in win 10.

• 7 months later...
On 1/16/2023 at 10:12 AM, Spotty said:

Within Windows 10 is there a way to enable tray icons in the task bar to display on multiple monitors? I couldn't see an option for enabling tray icons on the secondary display in the Taskbar settings in Windows.

I'm using two monitors and I'd like to have the system tray icons display on both monitors. I already have the clock showing on both screens but I would like tray icons as well so I can keep an eye on program notifications and HWinfo64 tray icons when I'm in a full screen application on the primary display.

I know it's possible to drag the task bar to the secondary display to show the icons there but then you lose the tray icons from the primary display and I'd like to have them show on both simultaneously.

Only really interested in if there is a way to enable this within Windows, not looking for 3rd party programs.

Hey, I was looking for this myself today.

Just get the DisplayFusion software. It fixes this for you with lots of other functions :)

• 5 months later...
On 9/16/2023 at 6:56 PM, Steffmeister said:

Hey, I was looking for this myself today.

Just get the DisplayFusion software. It fixes this for you with lots of other functions :)

Does this actually work now? I used it a year ago approx. and system tray wasn't supposed for multiple monitors even tho it works just fine on WIN10