My 3060 ti is underperforming.

Hi,

Recently I noticed my pc is underperforming. I was watching comparison and I noticed that my gpu is not performing similar.

For example, in csgo video he has avg. like 250 - 280 fps and high preset. I had a low preset and had 150 - 180 fps.

Mafia DE max settings avg. 130fp, I had low preset 70fps

My pc is prebuilt by acer

Acer Nitro 50-620

Product code: DG.E2FEC.001

And here is my result from UserBenchmark

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/58374898

I just want your advice or recommendation, thank you in advance.

PS: Is this performance issue caused by single channel memory ?

Sorry for my English and please be respectful. I'm not a big pc guy, so explain it to me like for a child.

Just took a look at your UserBenchmark results.
Single-channel memory can be a bottleneck, but according to your test results the memory is performing just fine.
Your processor, however, is underperforming even more dramatically than your graphics card. If your processor is struggling, it can bottleneck your GPU. That may be what's happening here.
Your SSD is also underperforming; it's actually in the lowest percentile of all your components that were tested. Since an NVMe drive is often linked directly to the CPU, this could *also* be because your CPU is having issues.

Based on the manufacturer's photos for your PC, it may be a cooling issue? It looks like a stock cooler or something comparable, which is not likely to do a great job keeping your CPU cool under load. if you have something like HWinfo installed, take a look at what your CPU temps are, both at idle and under load. For reference, I have a Ryzen 7 5800X and it's sitting at 45 C as I write this, and that's with a tiny low-profile heatsink from Noctua. If your temps at idle are much higher than that, or if HWinfo says "Thermal throttling | Yes" when you're running a game, you probably want to look at a new cooler.

As a side note, are you installing all your games to your boot drive? Your UserBenchmark results say your system drive only has about 12% free, while your second drive has over 80% free. It's generally a good idea to avoid filling up your boot drive; I think Linus himself has said he doesn't like any SSD getting over 50% full. I highly encourage you to move games and large files over to your secondary drive. It'll spread the load out across the drives and stop your system from having to fight for bandwidth when you're playing a game - SSDs are good at handling requests from multiple sources, but it's still best practice to spread out the load as much as possible. It might help your system run faster, and it will *definitely* keep your boot drive alive for longer.

1 hour ago, nickpyko said:

PS: Is this performance issue caused by single channel memory ?

Single channel ram is going to be part of it, but not all of it.

https://www.hwinfo.com/download/

What are the cpu temps? What video were you comparing to? There's probably something big in the configuration that's being missed. 

I'm not actually trying to be as grumpy as it seems.

I will find your mentions of Ikea or Gnome and I will /s post. 

Project Hot Box

CPU 13900k, Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX, RAM CORSAIR Vengeance 4x16gb 5200 MHZ, GPU Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity OC, Case Fractal Pop Air XL, Storage Sabrent Rocket Q4 2tbCORSAIR Force Series MP510 1920GB NVMe, CORSAIR FORCE Series MP510 960GB NVMe, PSU CORSAIR HX1000i, Cooling Corsair XC8 CPU block, Bykski GPU block, 360mm and 280mm radiator, Displays Odyssey G9, LG 34UC98-W 34-Inch,Keyboard Mountain Everest Max, Mouse Mountain Makalu 67, Sound AT2035, Massdrop 6xx headphones, Go XLR 

Oppbevaring

CPU i9-9900k, Motherboard, ASUS Rog Maximus Code XI, RAM, 48GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200 mhz (2x16)+(2x8) GPUs Asus ROG Strix 2070 8gb, PNY 1080, Nvidia 1080, Case Mining Frame, 2x Storage Samsung 860 Evo 500 GB, PSU Corsair RM1000x and RM850x, Cooling Asus Rog Ryuo 240 with Noctua NF-12 fans

Why is the 5800x so hot?

3 hours ago, nickpyko said:

not a big pc guy, so explain it to me like for a child.

the main problem here is that its a prebuilt, it's completely normal for them to under perform, because the builders didn't really care about some important things like performance, they just build it, see if it works and sell it.

ram (2 sticks are necessary for best performance,  a single stick is cheaper though) 

bios (updated?  takes time...)

generally cheap parts, low airflow,  bad cooling... (maximizing profits)

like its really rare a prebuilt performs as it should... and thats mostly fine because you wanted a pc that works, its just not performing as it would if it was built with good performance in mind, its not, its built with maximum financial gain in mind, performance wasn't a consideration. 

1 hour ago, IkeaGnome said:

Single channel ram is going to be part of it

ive seen DDTS like double the framerate of a prebuilt simply by using a proper dual ram kit instead of the single stick that came with the prebuilt,  so it actually can make a huge difference. 

Might be an easy fix for OP in this regard.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity 

VLC

WMP

GIMP

HWiNFO64

Paint

3D Paint

GitHub Desktop 

Superposition 

Prime95

Aida64

GPUZ

CPUZ

Generic Logviewer

11 minutes ago, Mark Kaine said:

the main problem here is that its a prebuilt, it's completely normal for them to under perform, because the builders didn't really care about some important things like performance, they just build it, see if it works and sell it.

ram (2 sticks are necessary for best performance,  a single stick is cheaper though) 

bios (updated?  takes time...)

generally cheap parts, low airflow,  bad cooling... (maximizing profits)

like its really rare a prebuilt performs as it should... and thats mostly fine because you wanted a pc that works, its just not performing as it would if it was built with good performance in mind, its not, its built with maximum financial gain in mind, performance wasn't a consideration. 

ive seen DDTS like double the framerate of a prebuilt simply by using a proper dual ram kit instead of the single stick that came with the prebuilt,  so it actually can make a huge difference. 

Might be an easy fix for OP in this regard.

I checked bios and there is no new update and do I need to buy exact same ram (prob. dumb question)?

What a big difference it makes when you clean your computer?