CoolerMaster to release new, open source version of it’s software with API integration – and it can work with other coolers too!

Summary

MasterPlus, CoolerMaster's software control suite, to become open source and allow other products, including competitor products, to integrate via plugins and an API.

Quotes

I don’t know about the rest of y’all – but I find some of the bloated, proprietary software solutions for controlling coolers to be annoying. CoolerMaster agrees – they’ve redesigned their software suite and will be making it open source and have API/plug-in system that will allow other products to integrate into it. In fact, you’ll be able to use non-CoolerMaster coolers with it.

My thoughts

Always a fan of open source, I'm extremely excited to hear this news. Hopefully this means that it'll work on Linux eventually too!

Sources

https://boringtextreviews.com/exclusive-say-goodbye-to-bloated-closed-source-software-coolermaster-to-release-new-open-source-version-of-its-software-with-api-integration-and-it-can-work-with-other-coolers-too

cool I guess, got to see how it goes.

a lot more should have been easier to control from day 1, but everyone wanting their own thing.

rgb, software, and so on.

Would be great all vendors do so.

| Ryzen 7 7800X3D | AM5 B650 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo RGB DDR5 32GB 6000MHz C30 | Sapphire PULSE Radeon RX 7900 XTX | Samsung 990 PRO 1TB with heatsink | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 | Seasonic Focus GX-850 | Lian Li Lanccool III | Mousepad: Skypad 3.0 XL / Zowie GTF-X | Mouse: Zowie S1-C | Keyboard: Ducky One 3 TKL (Cherry MX-Speed-Silver)Beyerdynamic MMX 300 (2nd Gen) | Acer XV272U | OS: Windows 11 |

Definitely neat. If there's no underlying dastardly plans I hope other companies with less usable software just dev a plug in for their coolers or something instead. 

It seems unlikely that'd happen, but I can dream 🤷

Someone told Luke and Linus at CES 2017 to "Unban the legend known as Jerakl" and that's about all I've got going for me. (It didn't work)