Best CPU and Mobo for RTX 4070ti in 2k, ultra settings and maybe RT on.

Guys, I almost bought a ryzen 7 5800x3d, but I ended up upgrading from a 3070 to a 4070ti... 

I know that my current CPU doesnt stand a chance with a 4070ti (Ryzen 5 3600x) and I plan to play in 2k, upscaling it with my Asus vg248qe144hz monitor, which's a 1080p monitor.

I want to upgrade my monitor later, but right now my focus is the CPU and Mobo.

What combo do you guys recommend? I don't want to do hardcore overlock, but I want to get the maximum performance of my 4070ti without going bankrupt with mobo+cpu...

My Current setup is:

Ryzen 5 3600x

16GB DDR 4 3200mhz

Asus B450m Prime Gaming

480GB SSD XPG 3500mb/s

Corsair 700W PSU

Windows 11

Budget ?

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

Nice, I have that same monitor

If you're looking for a relatively cheap upgrade, something like a used 5600X can probably be found for cheap (especially after selling your 3600x) and wouldn't require a mobo or ram upgrade.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

4 minutes ago, PDifolco said:

Budget ?

around $600

Just now, Athreous said:

around $600

Then get a 5800x3d, you can keep your board and RAM supposing they're decent 

System : AMD R9 5900X / Gigabyte X570 AORUS PRO/ 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance 3600CL18 ASUS TUF Gaming AMD Radeon RX 7900 XTX OC Edition GPU/ Phanteks P600S case /  Eisbaer 280mm AIO (with 2xArctic P14 fans) / 2TB Crucial T500  NVme + 2TB WD SN850 NVme + 4TB Toshiba X300 HDD drives/ Corsair RM850x PSU/  Alienware AW3420DW 34" 120Hz 3440x1440p monitor / Logitech G915TKL keyboard (wireless) / Logitech G PRO X Superlight mouse / Audeze Maxwell headphones

5 minutes ago, Coaxialgamer said:

Nice, I have that same monitor

If you're looking for a relatively cheap upgrade, something like a used 5600X can probably be found for cheap (especially after selling your 3600x) and wouldn't require a mobo or ram upgrade.

Wouln't it be a bit weak for a 4070ti? The price is very atractive!

Just now, PDifolco said:

Then get a 5800x3d, you can keep your board and RAM supposing they're decent 

Having 2 games up, some chrome tabs and a stream is killing my CPU right now, so I wonder how a 5800x3d would handle multitasking.

Just now, Athreous said:

You can look up 5800X3D + 3090Ti to see GPU usage and such things...
4070Ti = 3090Ti give or take 5% for 1440p I'm relatively sure...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

7 minutes ago, Athreous said:

Having 2 games up, some chrome tabs and a stream is killing my CPU right now, so I wonder how a 5800x3d would handle multitasking.

It would probably do better as it has 8 cores. If you are worried about multitasking you can always go for the 5900x which can be had for fairly cheap at this point and you get 12 cores which would be more than enough for multitasking. Also you might want to consider a monitor upgrade to make full use of your new gpu as resolution scaling isn't nearly as good as native 2k. 

16 minutes ago, Athreous said:

You might also want to get 32gb of ram as well as the way you use your computer really makes 16gb of ram cutting it close. 16gb of ram is fine if you only do one thing at a time but when you have alot of stuff open at once the ram usage can get to 16gb fairly fast. I know because I have run into a similar issue. 

8 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean a 3600x will do 144fps in basically almost all games still

Games like Red Dead, Spider-man, Cyberpunk, etc makes the CPU struggle a lot to reach 60 fps

2 minutes ago, Brooksie359 said:

You might also want to get 32gb of ram as well as the way you use your computer really makes 16gb of ram cutting it close. 16gb of ram is fine if you only do one thing at a time but when you have alot of stuff open at once the ram usage can get to 16gb fairly fast. I know because I have run into a similar issue. 

Yes, I plan to upgrade to 32gb and get a new PSU, mine's a corsair 700w.

8 minutes ago, Athreous said:

Games like Red Dead, Spider-man, Cyberpunk, etc makes the CPU struggle a lot to reach 60 fps

That is very strange

I really don't see a reason to upgrade a 3600x, especially at 2K

But if you really want to upgrade, the 5800X3D is the best AM4 gaming cpu you can get

I'm not sure if your MB could handle this cpu tho

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

Just now, HardStroke said:

I really don't see a reason to upgrade a 3600x, especially at 2K

But if you really want to upgrade, the 5800X3D is the best AM4 gaming cpu you can get

I'm not sure if your MB could handle this cpu tho

My PC almost crashes when I run more than 2 games at once with some tabs up >_<

Just now, Athreous said:

BRUH

Why would you run 2 games at the same time????

are you trolling?

"I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once, but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times." - Bruce Lee

38 minutes ago, Athreous said:

Whether or not it's a bottleneck will depend on your games and their settings, but theoretically that chip is some 10-20% faster than a 3600X, so you could actually see a difference when your CPU starts being a bottleneck (while extreme, my framerate basically tripled at 720p low in superposition when going from a 1700 to a 5600x).

A 5800x3D will be about as fast on top of that, so that's definitely a faster chip if you can afford it. Still, you might be able to swap your 3600x for a 5600x with fairly minimal added cost on your part. I know my R7 1700 to R5 5600X upgrade only cost me 60$ all-in.

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

2 minutes ago, Athreous said:

I think that kids like you shouldn't have a pc lol

Why in the hell would you be running 2 or more games?

Actually bro?

Just get a 13900K and 4090TI so you can play fortnite with gta v and cyberpunk in the background

Come on bruh

You tripping HARDDD right now

7 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

BRUH

Why would you run 2 games at the same time????

are you trolling?

Not really, for me it's normal to have Final Fantasy XIV open, waiting for a dungeon queue, while I'm selling items in Path of Exile, sitting in my hideout waiting for trades >_<

2 minutes ago, Athreous said:

Not really, for me it's normal to have Final Fantasy XIV open, waiting for a dungeon queue, while I'm selling items in Path of Exile, sitting in my hideout waiting for trades >_<

oh

well

Those games can run on your microwave

What is the cpu and ram usage while both of them are open?

6 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

I think that kids like you shouldn't have a pc lol

Why in the hell would you be running 2 or more games?

Actually bro?

Just get a 13900K and 4090TI so you can play fortnite with gta v and cyberpunk in the background

Come on bruh

You tripping HARDDD right now

I never thought that it'd be this bad to have more than a game opened.

Isn't it normal for people to have more than a game up while using the pc? Like MMOs, card games, etc? 

I thought that it was more common than it looks, my bad.

2 minutes ago, HardStroke said:

oh

well

Those games can run on your microwave

What is the cpu and ram usage while both of them are open?

When Final Fantasy and Path of exile are up, I get around 67ºC

Path of Exile and Lost Ark up, the temperature is the same, but the PC almost crashes, even after closing one of those games. It's like there some Cache problem and the computer can't go back to it's normal speed...

7 minutes ago, Athreous said:

I never thought that it'd be this bad to have more than a game opened.

Isn't it normal for people to have more than a game up while using the pc? Like MMOs, card games, etc? 

I thought that it was more common than it looks, my bad.

I don't think so

But they are really light games

I thought you were talking about triple games or something like that

You can try to undervolt the cpu since it is pulling a higher amount of voltage then it needs (factory settings)

You can also try and overclock it a bit

What is the usage % of the cpu and ram?

Check with Task manager 

4 hours ago, HardStroke said:

I don't think so

But they are really light games

I thought you were talking about triple games or something like that

You can try to undervolt the cpu since it is pulling a higher amount of voltage then it needs (factory settings)

You can also try and overclock it a bit

What is the usage % of the cpu and ram?

Check with Task manager 

Oh, 99% when all is up.