HDMI Audio not working, but there is sound with bluetooth headphones

Go to solution Solved by Senzelian,

Have you ruled out the TV being the cause of the issue? Do you have another device you can connect via HDMI to it?

I have a PC with a Core I9 9900K, an RTX 2060 and 32 GB of ram running 64-bit Windows 10 Home, Version 22H2 OS build 19045.2364.  It is connected via the HDMI port on my GPU to a Samsung Q70 series TV.  I've been using the PC and TV together since late 2019 without any issues.  But when I turned it on this morning I had no audio from the PC through the TV.  The picture/video works fine.  The TV audio itself was also fine.  It's just the audio from the PC that isn't working.  I tried rebooting and then used the Windows troubleshooting function to reinstall my audio drivers.  Still no audio through the TV.  I tried some bluetooth headphones and I had audio through the headphones.  I tried disconnecting the headphones and then tried uninstalling/removing them.  Still no audio through the TV.  I unplugged the HDMI cable from both the PC and TV and then reconnected it.  Still no audio through the TV.  Finally, I tried plugging the HDMI cable into the motherboard's HDMI port because that port worked before I installed my GPU, but I got neither audio nor video from it.  I am not sure why the motherboard port didn't work, but ultimately  it's the GPU port I want to get working.

I am not sure what to try next.  I would really appreciate any ideas.  Thank you in advance.

Did you try a different cable? Also, you may need to enable igpu in the bios for motherboard output.

Have you ruled out the TV being the cause of the issue? Do you have another device you can connect via HDMI to it?

6 minutes ago, Senzelian said:

I just tried unplugging and then plugging the cable into a different HDMI port on the TV.  Now the sound is working.  I have no idea why, but working is working.  Thanks for helping me.