Windows 11 integrity check tool says my System ist compatible with win11 but updates say it isn't.

Go to solution Solved by PorkishPig,
9 minutes ago, pahlsmeier said:

I went back to Windows update Settings and it still said that my System is not meeting the requirements. I then tried the "custom" mode for secure boot in BIOS (I changed no other setting regarding keys etc,) but I still have the same problem.

Windows Update does not check for Windows 11 compatibility on every restart, causing this buggy behavior. Try running Windows 11 Installation Assistant from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2171764. The utility will fail if you do not meet the requirements to install Windows 11.

Hi everyone,

I wanted to update from Windows 10 to Windows 11. To do that I went to the Windows update settings and it said my System does not meet the requirements for Windows 11. I then let the PC integrity check tool do it's thing. The result was that i had to enable TPM and secure boot so i went ahead and enabled TPM in my BIOS and checked if windows accepted it by running "tpm.msc". It showed that TPM is ready and that it is indeed v2.0. With that out of my way I went back to BIOS and enabled secure boot and let it sit at "automatic" mode. I then restarted the PC, ran the integrity check again and sure enough it said that my PC is ready for Windows 11. I went back to Windows update Settings and it still said that my System is not meeting the requirements. I then tried the "custom" mode for secure boot in BIOS (I changed no other setting regarding keys etc,) but I still have the same problem.

Quick rundown of my System (2 Months old):
MSI X570S MAG Tomahawk Max WiFi
Ryzen 7 5800 X3D

MSI RTX 3080 MSI Z Trio

32Gb Corsair Vengeance 3600MHz

1TB Samsung 970Evo

850W 80+ Platinum PSU

Thanks in advance.

9 minutes ago, pahlsmeier said:

I went back to Windows update Settings and it still said that my System is not meeting the requirements. I then tried the "custom" mode for secure boot in BIOS (I changed no other setting regarding keys etc,) but I still have the same problem.

Windows Update does not check for Windows 11 compatibility on every restart, causing this buggy behavior. Try running Windows 11 Installation Assistant from https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=2171764. The utility will fail if you do not meet the requirements to install Windows 11.

Make sure to quote me or use @PorkishPig to notify me that you replied!

Desktop

CPU - Ryzen 9 3900X | Cooler - Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard - ASUS TUF X570-PLUS RAM - Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 32GB Case - Meshify C

GPU - RTX 3080 FE PSU - Straight Power 11 850W Platinum Storage - 980 PRO 1TB, 960 EVO 500GB, S31 1TB, MX500 500GB | OS - Windows 11 Pro

Homelab

CPU - Core i5-11400 | Cooler - Noctua NH-U12S | Motherboard - ASRock Z590M-ITX RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws V DDR4-3600 32GB (2x16)  | Case - Node 304

PSU - EVGA B3 650W | Storage - 860 EVO 256GB, Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB, WD Red 4TB (x6 in RAIDZ1 w/ LSI 9207-8i) | OS - TrueNAS Scale (Debian)

2 minutes ago, PorkishPig said:

Thanks for the quick answer! I will try that out!

1 hour ago, PorkishPig said:

It worked! Thanks mate!
To anyone with the same problem: I had to start the Windows 11 instattalation Assistand as an administrator or else i would get the error "0x8007007f" at about 71% progress of the installation.