CPU Cooler for Ryzen 7 - 5800X. Is the ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO any good?

Go to solution Solved by Zonal,

Either one will work great! They will probably end up being somewhat similar in noise and temps. I’d personally probably go with the be quiet as it is probably going to be easier to install, quieter, and cheaper. I would advise that aios usually are quieter in terms of decibels but often have an annoying whining noise of the pump, air coolers shouldn’t have any whine but may spin slightly faster. Depends on what you’d rather deal with, or what you prefer in terms of aesthetics. Otherwise, if you’d like something a little cheaper I’d recommend the as500 plus. It’s not far off from either of those in temps but you can save $40.  

Happy New Year 2023!

Budget (including currency): ~ 1,500 EUR ~ 600K HUF (Hungarian Forint)

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Gaming in general

I finally decided to go about building my rig for a decent 1440p gaming experience with the following parts:

• CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X 3.8 GHz 8-Core Processor  
  • CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler 
  • Motherboard: Asus TUF GAMING B550-PLUS WIFI II ATX AM4 Motherboard 
  • Memory: Kingston FURY Renegade 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory 
  • Boot Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 250 GB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive 
  • Storage: Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive 
  • Case: Phanteks Eclipse P400A ATX Mid Tower Case 
  • Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA 750 GA 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply 
  • Case Fan: ARCTIC P12 56.3 CFM 120 mm Fans 5-Pack 

• GPU - RTX 3070 - Didn't buy one yet (Will look for a second hand offer soon)

I'm a little concerned about the CPU cooler for the 5800X. Is this cooler fine or should I upgrade to a AIO water cooling or a different air cooler? 

I'm thinking about the following incase my current cooler may not be good enough;

• Water Cooling AIO - ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 240 ~ USD 105
  • Air Cooler - be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4 (BK022) ~ USD 95

Is there something better in the same price range? 

• Is there something you'd recommend that I change in this build?

PS: I haven't tested it as I am going to assemble the PC next week and I'm concerned about this in particular. The ordered parts are about to be delivered. 

• I appreciate all recommendations! Thanking you! 

Either one will work great! They will probably end up being somewhat similar in noise and temps. I’d personally probably go with the be quiet as it is probably going to be easier to install, quieter, and cheaper. I would advise that aios usually are quieter in terms of decibels but often have an annoying whining noise of the pump, air coolers shouldn’t have any whine but may spin slightly faster. Depends on what you’d rather deal with, or what you prefer in terms of aesthetics. Otherwise, if you’d like something a little cheaper I’d recommend the as500 plus. It’s not far off from either of those in temps but you can save $40.  

@Zonal - Thank you very much! I'll return the "ARCTIC Freezer 34 eSports DUO CPU Cooler " and get the "be quiet! DARK ROCK PRO 4 (BK022)".

I hope that 'll do the trick as you mentioned 🙂 Thank you again.