Is there any 8-pin to dual 6+2 pin PCI Express connectors?

Jinxyface

I'm looking to tidy up some of my cable management, one of the things that bugs is me having to use two 8-pin to 6+2 pin connectors for my video card. My PSU comes with four 6+2/6pin PCI Express connectors, and my video card requires twp 8-pin. Are there any cables I can get that go from 8-pin PSU connector to dual 6+2 pins instead of 6+2 and 6 pin? I'd rather not use an adapter either.

Sorry, for clarification I have an EVGA SuperNOVA 750G

You didnt even tell us what PSU you are using. Also every PSU is different in terms of pin configurations, so just because its an "8 pin" connector doesnt mean it is the same on every PSU, which is why there are no 'general' cables for all PSUs

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

ohhh. had to read that a few times

maybe it will work with only a 6+2 and 6 pin pci-e power. should you run it like that everyday? no.

you can get molex to pci-e power adapters but...they're not the greatest idea because molex doesnt handle that much current...only one 12v wire vs four on pci-e.

i say new psu

I'm looking to tidy up some of my cable management, one of the things that bugs is me having to use two 8-pin to 6+2 pin connectors for my video card. My PSU comes with four 6+2/6pin PCI Express connectors, and my video card requires twp 8-pin. Are there any cables I can get that go from 8-pin PSU connector to dual 6+2 pins instead of 6+2 and 6 pin? I'd rather not use an adapter either.

no adapter (too much liability for problems)

you'd have to make your own harness as the pinout for the EPS is:

top row 12+ (yellow) and lower row is all 12v ground (black)

your 6+2 is top row except last pin is 12+ (yellow) and l one 12v ground

the lower row is all 12 ground (black).

so plugging the 8-pin EPS as a 6+2 PCIe will short your system on power up.

ohhh. had to read that a few times

maybe it will work with only a 6+2 and 6 pin pci-e power. should you run it like that everyday? no.

you can get molex to pci-e power adapters but...they're not the greatest idea because molex doesnt handle that much current...only one 12v wire vs four on pci-e.

i say new psu

This is a new PSU though, it's a EVGA SuperNOVA 750G.

I don't see how having two cable coming out of your graphics card is better than having two cables coming out your graphics card.

Depending on your case, it shouldn't really be any easier to run one cable from the power supply. That, and that type of cable doesn't exist. Hell, only MSI seem to be able to create a straight 6-pin to 8-pin converter

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - CPU Cooler: Deepcool Castle 240EX - Motherboard: MSI B450 GAMING PRO CARBON AC

RAM: 2 x 8GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RBG 3200MHz - GPU: MSI RTX 3080 GAMING X TRIO

I don't see how having two cable coming out of your graphics card is better than having two cables coming out your graphics card.

Depending on your case, it shouldn't really be any easier to run one cable from the power supply. That, and that type of cable doesn't exist. Hell, only MSI seem to be able to create a straight 6-pin to 8-pin converter

It's not about difficulty. It's about aesthetics. I route my cords behind my motherboard in the case's cable management setup. I'd like to not cram as many cables as I can back there. There has to be a way to do this with one cord and no adapters, how else do they expect people to use dual/triple/quad 8 pin video cards?

It's not about difficulty. It's about aesthetics. I route my cords behind my motherboard in the case's cable management setup. I'd like to not cram as many cables as I can back there. There has to be a way to do this with one cord and no adapters, how else do they expect people to use dual/triple/quad 8 pin video cards?

usually dual on 750/850 and the trip/quad would be 1000+ and usually has

the correct cabling for it.

but because of the multi-rail setup they have to pair up load to circuit.

@ 20a per circuit is way short for a 2x 8-pin so you'd steal the 8-pin

2x on two circuits and roll up or remove the 6-pin.

usually dual on 750/850 and the trip/quad would be 1000+ and usually has

the correct cabling for it.

but because of the multi-rail setup they have to pair up load to circuit.

@ 20a per circuit is way short for a 2x 8-pin so you'd steal the 8-pin

2x on two circuits and roll up or remove the 6-pin.

attachicon.gifevga 750g rating.jpg

I don't really know much details about PSUs. I know I need enough wattage for my parts, but I never really delved into the 12v rails and stuff like that. My computer knowledsge is with everything else. D:

So, I can't do it with this PSU?

I don't really know much details about CPU. I know I need enough wattage for my parts, but I never really delved into the 12v rails and stuff like that. My computer knowledsge is with everything else. D:

So, I can't do it with this PSU?

you should contact EVGA on their schematic on the rail splits. and how to properly

wire a 2x 8-pin card.