Pc black screen/freeze

Hey guys,

I recently ran into an issue with my pc.

I upgraded my GPU and my PSU. When I use unreal engine my computer randomly starts crashing. I have two monitors, one of them turns black the other one just freezes. I always have to power it off and on to fix it temporarily. Since the upgrade my task manager says im at a very heavy power load. My CPU is always at 100% even without anything open , but the cpu problem even occurred before the upgrade (I think the CPU is a software error from Windows).

My specs are:

PSU: Bequiet pure power 11 700W 80+gold 

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

CPU cooler: wraith prism

GPU: rx 6700xt asus dual oc

RAM: Corsair DIMM 3200Mhz 32Gb

Motherboard: msi b450 gaming pro carbon ac

HDD: 6TB crucial

SSD: M.2 PCIE SSD 1TB

CASE: Sharkoon Lit 100

FANS: 6x

Monitors: 1x AOC 144hz curved, 1x samsung 60hz flat

Oh yeah the PSU doesn't have a 14 pin connector so i used the second VGA pins from the same cable its now coil whining.

Hope its no power related issue because it should be more then enough Watts.

(Had no power issues before the upgrade (rx 580 + BeQuiet 500W)

Thanks for the help

PXL_20221228_221314187.jpg

PXL_20221228_221110165~2.jpg

500W was good IN THE YEAR 2000...

Also the AMD Wraith Prism looks like a very anemic, low CFM despite the 3200rpm boasted.

Be less quiet and get:

1) A PSU in the 750W-850W range from: Antec, Corsair, ThermalTake, CoolerMaster, EVGA. Whichever is on sale, one usually pops up.

Use 2 separate modular ports for the connectors to the GPU.

2) A Liquid cooling system, depending on space 2 or 3 fans. Recommend Corsair.

As for mixing 144hz with 60hz, not recommended. The 144hz is good for gaming, the 60hz is not, the FPS CAP will kneecap you.

3 hours ago, Cyberat said:

500W was good IN THE YEAR 2000...

Also the AMD Wraith Prism looks like a very anemic, low CFM despite the 3200rpm boasted.

Be less quiet and get:

1) A PSU in the 750W-850W range from: Antec, Corsair, ThermalTake, CoolerMaster, EVGA. Whichever is on sale, one usually pops up.

Use 2 separate modular ports for the connectors to the GPU.

2) A Liquid cooling system, depending on space 2 or 3 fans. Recommend Corsair.

As for mixing 144hz with 60hz, not recommended. The 144hz is good for gaming, the 60hz is not, the FPS CAP will kneecap you.

Would these two work?

Psu: https://www.barax.de/_hardware/stromversorgung/netzteile-atx/800w/evga-850-b5-netzteil-intern-atx12v-eps12v-80-plus-bronze-wechselstrom-100-240-v-850-watt.html

Cooler: https://www.ebay.de/itm/204159459062

(Mounting the radiator on top of the case)

1) EVGA is fine Wattage is fine, but you want the Gold for long lasting in the series, not bronze.

2) Look for Corsair, DeepCool, NZXT, EVGA on Amazon, cheaper prices and you get a good name brand.

DO NOT BUY FROM E-BAY. E-Bay New = Used AND Damaged.

2 minutes ago, Cyberat said:

1) EVGA is fine Wattage is fine, but you want the Gold for long lasting in the series, not bronze.

This is factually incorrect and misleading. Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Titanium etc are efficiency rating. Have ZERO to do with how long a unit will last. All these ratings mean is that it will only lose X% of power converting from AC to DC at a given wattage, usually around the 50% range +- 5% on most units.

ALL PSU manufactures will have a wide range of products from Absolutely hog wash that should never exist and if you buy it have a fire extinguisher ready to top of the line with all the proper protections in place and validated testing to prove they work as advertised. Name means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things when it comes to PSUs.

Community Standards | Fan Control Software

Please make sure to Quote me or @ me to see your reply!

Just because I am a Moderator does not mean I am always right. Please fact check me and verify my answer. 

"Black Out"

Ryzen 9 5900x | Full Custom Water Loop | Asus Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) | RTX 3090 Founders | Ballistix 32gb 16-18-18-36 3600mhz 

1tb Samsung 970 Evo | 2x 2tb Crucial MX500 SSD | Fractal Design Meshify S2 | Corsair HX1200 PSU

Dedicated Streaming Rig

Ryzen 7 3700x | Asus B450-F Strix | 16gb Gskill Flare X 3200mhz | Corsair RM550x PSU | Asus Strix GTX1070 | 250gb 860 Evo m.2

Phanteks P300A |  Elgato HD60 Pro | Avermedia Live Gamer Duo | Avermedia 4k GC573 Capture Card

18 minutes ago, Skiiwee29 said:

This is factually incorrect and misleading. Bronze, Gold, Platinum, Titanium etc are efficiency rating. Have ZERO to do with how long a unit will last. All these ratings mean is that it will only lose X% of power converting from AC to DC at a given wattage, usually around the 50% range +- 5% on most units.

ALL PSU manufactures will have a wide range of products from Absolutely hog wash that should never exist and if you buy it have a fire extinguisher ready to top of the line with all the proper protections in place and validated testing to prove they work as advertised. Name means NOTHING in the grand scheme of things when it comes to PSUs.

Name means better design, aka won't fry your system out of the box, like Chinese designed crap does.

Just came out of the A+ school and read some manuals ? Get some real experience, you have no place here as moderator.

Or you could study electrical engineering, then come back here and correct others on PSU suggestions.

And yes, I do have a charged fire extinguisher at my feet, but for other purposes.

Anyways, I am not here to discuss that which I know with YOU nor argue with you on moot points. Help people out or shut up.

1 hour ago, Cyberat said:

Name means better design, aka won't fry your system out of the box, like Chinese designed crap does.

If you read the post again, you can see he quoted your point #1 about the meaning of 80+ ratings, not your point about buying name brand power supplies.

Well i got the 850 watt psu and yeah.... Still the same issue... Task manager shows high psu usage on desktop:/