Off Brand Canon LP-E6NH Camera Batteries

Hotdog321
Go to solution Solved by BlueChinchillaEatingDorito,
36 minutes ago, Hotdog321 said:

I am trying to find some off brand LP-E6NH camera batteries for my R6 MKII since there is a huge shortage or OEM batteries at the moment, plus their high cost. I have done some research and have found articles saying that Hahnel is an ok brand, but that's not saving much on cost, though they are available at my local store. By the way, I live in the GTA in Ontario.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Neewer LP-E6NH batteries available on Amazon. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

I would wait it out unless you are absolutely dying for replacement battery right now. Third-party batteries for whatever reason always tend to cheap out one way or another despite the consistent claims of longer battery life/capacity, etc. 

Reading online reviews and sure enough there are plenty of people who experience perfect performance for maybe the first year but after that, things go down hill quickly. I for example have cheap knockoff batteries for my Canon but one has since began to expand after a year or two and for the others, the battery percentage can always go from 100% - 0% very suddenly. 

Long story short, they'll work but longevity is always the achilles heel to third-party batteries. You'll almost always experience faster degradation and just odd issues down the road with non-genuine parts in the camera space. 

I am trying to find some off brand LP-E6NH camera batteries for my R6 MKII since there is a huge shortage or OEM batteries at the moment, plus their high cost. I have done some research and have found articles saying that Hahnel is an ok brand, but that's not saving much on cost, though they are available at my local store. By the way, I live in the GTA in Ontario.

I am wondering if anyone has experience with the Neewer LP-E6NH batteries available on Amazon. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

32 minutes ago, Hotdog321 said:

I personally would pay the money.  Off brand batteries are often counterfeit, and dangerous if they are not outright fakes.  (A container of sand isn’t dangerous but it doesn’t work either) That said, any battery has a full voltage, a discharged voltage, an number of mAH it generally contains, and a voltage range it runs through. Find those out and you can power a battery device of any one of several sources.  Most of that information will be printed on the battery except for the starting and discharged voltage.  Instead there is an “average” voltage.  For 18650s it’s 3.7v but they start at 4.1 or 4.2 and go to whatever the object cuts off at.  Usually 2.5 or 3v

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

36 minutes ago, Hotdog321 said:

I would wait it out unless you are absolutely dying for replacement battery right now. Third-party batteries for whatever reason always tend to cheap out one way or another despite the consistent claims of longer battery life/capacity, etc. 

Reading online reviews and sure enough there are plenty of people who experience perfect performance for maybe the first year but after that, things go down hill quickly. I for example have cheap knockoff batteries for my Canon but one has since began to expand after a year or two and for the others, the battery percentage can always go from 100% - 0% very suddenly. 

Long story short, they'll work but longevity is always the achilles heel to third-party batteries. You'll almost always experience faster degradation and just odd issues down the road with non-genuine parts in the camera space. 

Intel® Core™ i7-12700 | GIGABYTE B660 AORUS MASTER DDR4 | Gigabyte Radeon™ RX 6650 XT Gaming OC | 32GB Corsair Vengeance® RGB Pro SL DDR4 | Samsung 990 Pro 1TB | WD Green 1.5TB | Windows 11 Pro | NZXT H510 Flow White
Sony MDR-V250 | GNT-500 | Logitech G610 Orion Brown | Logitech G402 | Samsung C27JG5 | ASUS ProArt PA238QR
iPhone 12 Mini (iOS 17.2.1) | iPhone XR (iOS 17.2.1) | iPad Mini (iOS 9.3.5) | KZ AZ09 Pro x KZ ZSN Pro X | Sennheiser HD450bt
Intel® Core™ i7-1265U | Kioxia KBG50ZNV512G | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Enterprise | HP EliteBook 650 G9
Intel® Core™ i5-8520U | WD Blue M.2 250GB | 1TB Seagate FireCuda | 16GB DDR4 | Windows 11 Home | ASUS Vivobook 15 
Intel® Core™ i7-3520M | GT 630M | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance® DDR3 |
Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | macOS Catalina | Lenovo IdeaPad P580

You're already spending $2,500 on a camera body to use third party batteries that may not last as long, possibly damage the circuitry inside, and have weird anomalies. 

To me, it's worth the extra price and Canon is known to fuss about third party batteries refusing to work in the body. I had that happen once with a LP-E6N in my camera and the camera recognized it as not being Canon authentic and shut down to prevent damage. 

These LP-E6NH batteries are hard to come by and I refuse to pay $10 more than the MSRP if Amazon adjusts the price when in stock (I've been lucky to not and purchase the limit). 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"