We Solve Your Tech Problems Head-to-Head

Sveeno

Thanks to 3CX for sponsoring this video! You can learn more about their live chat at: https://www.3cx.com/live-chat/free/?src=ltt

3CX is back again to sponsor yet another tech support video, but this time with a twist! Linus and Jake will go head to head to see who can resolve the most tickets. Who do you think will win?

Dr. Cuttress's: The black explorer screen is surprisingly common on friend's computers and is generally fixed by Windows reinstall (which is the answer to most tech support these days anyways) -- was there something a drop more deeper here?  I wouldnt suspect the hardware is messed up just because certain programs weren't launching.

Pretty sure the double click setting is a windows mouse setting. Surprised jake didn’t get that 

• CPU 12900k   Motherboard Asus z690 prime RAM 32gb gskill 3200 trident z GPU Msi suprim RTX3080 wekwb block Case 011 dynamic PSU Evga gq  850w 1tb NVME m.2 boot drive

1 hour ago, merijn said:

What the mic that linus used in the vid

Looks like the Blue Yeti Nano.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Desktop:

Intel Core i7-11700K | Noctua NH-D15S chromax.black | ASUS ROG Strix Z590-E Gaming WiFi  | 32 GB G.SKILL TridentZ 3200 MHz | ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 | 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 PCIe 4.0 SSD | 2TB WD Blue M.2 SATA SSD | Seasonic Focus GX-850 Fractal Design Meshify C Windows 10 Pro

Laptop:

HP Omen 15 | AMD Ryzen 7 5800H | 16 GB 3200 MHz | Nvidia RTX 3060 | 1 TB WD Black PCIe 3.0 SSD | 512 GB Micron PCIe 3.0 SSD | Windows 11

Who are these people calling in?!

Was this a random tech support line they got access to?

were these friends of LTT?

NVM, seems like there was a tweet asking people to participate on the challenge

ah the doubleclick issue. Thats a fun one.

i have this one too. Given that the video was probably recorded during summer time (the dude from texas said it was 34°C outside), it perfectly fits to what i experienced.

It's a fuckup on windows' end. They had this bug for at least a year where you would click somewhere and the mouse would literally just doubleclick. super annyoing. Then back in early autuum they apparently finally fixed it. It was such a relief. 

However a few short weeks ago, it started again. Thank you windows for nothing. 

holy shit, I may know something about that sound issue that Fredirick is experiencing!

It could very well be an issue in interrupts caused by a random driver (IE not even just sound or video now that video drivers includes bits of sound processing due to HDMI), cause the ISR (interrupt service routines) to have a ton of latency or hangs

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/devtest/example-15--measuring-dpc-isr-time

there is actually a tool (get the home edition unless you buying for a shop or something)

https://www.resplendence.com/latencymon

latencymon that helps track this thing in a more visual way instead of mucking around in command line, and with it you can try and start to at least see if this is an issue, and if you are also having intermittent audio or USB connectivity this can help.

This is more to help with software / driver issue than hardware ones like what Dr. Ian Cutress had (although who knows).

When troubleshooting a laptop that is running abnormally hot and loud, task manager is my go-to. Errant programs (coincidentally including McAffee) can hit the CPU, and require the fans to spin up. Windows Update is a pretty big offender as well. 

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

I was definitely not expecting a random Colton encounter in this one!

I sold my soul for ProSupport.

20 minutes ago, Needfuldoer said:

I was definitely not expecting a random Colton encounter in this one!

A wild Cutress appeared!

My eyes see the past…

My camera lens sees the present…

They really should have a screen sharing option. I am grateful at my job that Teams has that option because trying to remote in sometimes sucks. Just share screen, request control, boom I'm golden to help

10 hours ago, Srius1 said:

Pretty sure the double click setting is a windows mouse setting. Surprised jake didn’t get that 

Could be, could also be "Folder Options" single click. I've seen a lot of double click issues from cheap USB hubs/splitters due to them sending data in bursts. Much more noticeable if they're connected to USB2.0 ports than USB 3.0.

Dr Cutress' issue, I've seen this in business devices.

1) Set the "Power Profile to High Performance" and "PCIe Power Management to off".

2) Then turn off hibernation via powershell.

Explanation: The system causes the PCIe SSD to not get the right amount of power. PCIe SSDs do not like changing power states, low power, throttling power or waking from no power states. It can take less than a month from a fresh install to reach that state where either the OS or apps are affected, very common with mobile devices that don't have enough RAM that use page files or aggressively throttle power to save battery. Usually the first indication of this is a black desktop, missing taskbar or system tray icons.

My 1070ti crush when driver install but its work fine in safe mode and without Graphice driver. I tried different vbios and my psu is 750 gold. And i have asus z690-p and 12600k. i also used different thurmal paste. I am a student and 200$ very much for me. Please help me. 

It's a shame no single company offers tech support. Best Buy used to offer a place to bring in your PC or laptop. But nothing over the phone.

On 12/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Sveeno said:

Thanks to 3CX for sponsoring this video! You can learn more about their live chat at: https://www.3cx.com/live-chat/free/?src=ltt

3CX is back again to sponsor yet another tech support video, but this time with a twist! Linus and Jake will go head to head to see who can resolve the most tickets. Who do you think will win?

I want more videos like these, guess I will wait another year.

On 12/20/2022 at 1:00 PM, Sveeno said:

Linus looks to be holding a toy phone and screaming to Colton that he is fired for 18th time this nano second.

Buddy could you please help me... I'm upgrading my old PC which is on i3 9100f and GT 710 8gb Ram.... Please tell me which will be the best GPU for gaming and do I need to use dedicated air cooler insted of stock cooler for this cpu...