Massive issue with Edge on Android, see attachments

Neroon
Go to solution Solved by Gokul_P,
16 hours ago, Neroon said:

Looks like you are correct, gboard works fine. Considering this is the only place where I have had this issue, the question is what causes the issue all the sudden, a change to the keyboard or the forum.

Keyboard prob it is prob a bug indroudced in android 13 and seems has gone away with the last patch (it comes out on 31-12-2022 / 1-1-2023 i dont really remeber it but now there is no problem and it is typed from samsung keyboard )

Browser, version and OS: 

Steps to reproduce/what were you doing before it happened?

What happened?

What did you expect to happen?

Link to a page where it happened, if applicable: 

Screenshots of the issue, if applicable: 

Any other relevant details:

If it's a cloudflare error, what was the ray ID from the bottom of the error page?

Screenshot_20221219_103902_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_103928_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_103956_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_104012_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_104122_Edge.jpg

Screenshot_20221219_104147_Edge.jpg

Obviously I'm missing something with this post.  Better luck next time.

What is not clear? Keeps adding spaces when I hit enter, and it keeps selecting quoted text. Just all goes haywire.

• 2 weeks later...

I can't reproduce this on Edge 108.0.1462.54, FireFox 108.1.1, or Chrome 108.0.5359.128 on Android 13.

I suspect whatever your encountering is related to the device itself.

1 hour ago, Nayr438 said:

I can't reproduce this on Edge 108.0.1462.54, FireFox 108.1.1, or Chrome 108.0.5359.128 on Android 13.

I suspect whatever your encountering is related to the device itself.

Its the keyboard app. Google Keyboard does this too. Pretty sure Mortis knew about this for a while.

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

the issue is present in edge, samsung internet, Brave, Chrome, firefox ( on a samsung device with samsung keyboard) so it isnt browser it is the samsung keyboard being weird 

On 1/1/2023 at 3:56 PM, Gokul_P said:

the issue is present in edge, samsung internet, Brave, Chrome, firefox ( on a samsung device with samsung keyboard) so it isnt browser it is the samsung keyboard being weird 

Looks like you are correct, gboard works fine. Considering this is the only place where I have had this issue, the question is what causes the issue all the sudden, a change to the keyboard or the forum.

16 hours ago, Neroon said:

Keyboard prob it is prob a bug indroudced in android 13 and seems has gone away with the last patch (it comes out on 31-12-2022 / 1-1-2023 i dont really remeber it but now there is no problem and it is typed from samsung keyboard )

5 hours ago, Gokul_P said:

Just updated, and it seems to have been fixed.

So it might not seem to be fixed, I was just typing up a message, I switch from Dutch to English (UK) on my keyboard, and it immediately did the same thing again. No clue why this triggers it, but just an fyi for anyone having the same issue.

Switching back to Dutch immediately stops it btw.