[FIXED] My 5600G will not POST after installing graphics card

tasnim_tamim

Previous day I finally upgraded my R3 2200G setup to R5 5600G. However, whenever I try to start my PC with my GTX 1650 plugged in, it wouldn't POST at all. CPU and case fan runs fine however the case fan's light keeps turning off and on again every 5 or so seconds. No display nor Num lock led turns on. If I unplug my GPU, everything turns on just fine and I can boot into Windows.

Usually even if GPU wasn't working at least, I could use on-board graphics to see display. But even integrated graphics doesn't do any display out moment I plug GPU. My GPU was working fine with my 2200G.

I need advice on if it's my PSU issue or anything else. Although I do have a "shady" off-brand 600W PSU, it shouldn't still in theory cause issues since both 5600G and 2200G is 65W. I reset CMOS as well beforehand.

TIA

Specs:

Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Vega Graphics

GIGABYTE A320M-S2H Rev 1.x (Latest F52a BIOS)

1x8GB DDR4-2666MHz

2x 5400RPM HDD & 1x SSD

600W Power Supply

Have you tried remounting the 2200G back in to see if things work normally?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3950X   Motherboard: MSI X570 Gaming Edge Wifi   Case: Deepcool Maxtrexx 70   GPU: RTX 3090   RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 3x16GB 3200 MHz   PSU: Super Flower 850W

Sounds like you have probably checked this but default reminder: reseat the gpu and double check the power connector for the gpu at both ends.

Sounds like you forgot to plug in the 6-pin PCIe cable to the GPU and there is not enough power from the PCIe slot alone to boot.

| Ryzen 7 5800X3D | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 Rev 7| AsRock X570 Steel Legend |

| 4x16GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo 4000MHz CL16 | Sapphire Nitro+ RX 6900 XT | Seasonic Focus GX-1000|

| 512GB A-Data XPG Spectrix S40G RGB | 2TB A-Data SX8200 Pro| Phanteks Eclipse G500A |

7 hours ago, alyen said:

Have you tried remounting the 2200G back in to see if things work normally?

I sold my 2200G so I don't have a way to test that. But yeah GPU used to work fine with my old 2200G + GTX 1650 setup.

7 hours ago, PizzaDad said:

Sounds like you have probably checked this but default reminder: reseat the gpu and double check the power connector for the gpu at both ends.

6 hours ago, QuantumSingularity said:

Sounds like you forgot to plug in the 6-pin PCIe cable to the GPU and there is not enough power from the PCIe slot alone to boot.

Yeah, I double checked it. The PSU 6 pin is plugged in, I cleaned the PCIe slot and does I think gets power as the fans spin normally on GPU. However strangely IIRC even if I don't plug the 6-pin power, the PC acts the same where it won't POST at all. This didn't used to be the case with my old 2200G. I could boot into Windows even without 6-pin plugged in which is why I am not sure if it's a PSU issue.

OK IT'S FIXED! I had to disable/turn off Integrated Graphics from the BIOS before installing GPU. Installed GPU afterwards and it actually finally booted off it. Thankfully not a PSU issue although I reeeally need to replace this fire hazard soon.