Upgrade follow function

podkall

There are few reasons why we use follow, but such function could be expanded or a similar one added,

basically the idea is to get a notification after certain amount of time, maybe 24h or 12h after following the post,

that the post didn't recieve any comments...

You can see the usefulness of this clearly.

Note: Users receive notifications after Mentions & Quotes. 

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

Ryzen 5 5600 |16GB DDR4 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

PCs I used before:

Pentium G4500 | 4GB/8GB DDR4 2133Mhz | H110 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz | 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1080 ti

I actually like the idea. Sometimes I decide to follow a thread because it either piqued my interest or simply a first-time forum poster that doesn't know how to reply back to a post someone made. Going throughout the day where I don't get a notification that they replied back means I'd have to go through and see if I can recover the post. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34" 

So reminder for threads that haven't received any new posts after certain time? Besides prompting you to go back and reply, what is the usefulness? You can see your followed content already, so finding them afterwards is not that hard. You can also set up custom activity stream for threads you post in, but don't follow.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

9 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

I actually like the idea. Sometimes I decide to follow a thread because it either piqued my interest or simply a first-time forum poster that doesn't know how to reply back to a post someone made.

exactly, it's like "oh yeah I know, but someone else might now even better, I might be mistaking something, this could be something very different"

9 hours ago, CommanderAlex said:

Going throughout the day where I don't get a notification that they replied back means I'd have to go through and see if I can recover the post. 

actually I would just forgot I even followed someone, even right now, I followed thread yesterday, guess what? no notifications yet...

29 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

So reminder for threads that haven't received any new posts after certain time?

yep

Besides prompting you to go back and reply, what is the usefulness?

explained kind of above

You can see your followed content already, so finding them afterwards is not that hard.

followed content isn't half the time needed if I see an update, most use case scenario, when a person doesn't quote

30 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

You can also set up custom activity stream for threads you post in, but don't follow.

oh I see, what are my options there? or is it self explanatory once I try to create one?

Feel free to ask any questions regarding my comments/build lists. I know a lot about PCs but not everything.

PC:

PCs I used before:

Ryzen 3 1200 3,5Ghz / OC:4Ghz | 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz / 16GB 3200Mhz | B450 | GTX 1050

1 hour ago, podkall said:

exactly, it's like "oh yeah I know, but someone else might now even better, I might be mistaking something, this could be something very different"

For this, my advice is to just post and be corrected. Probably half of people posting here will write anything even if they don't have clue about the subject.

1 hour ago, podkall said:

oh I see, what are my options there? or is it self explanatory once I try to create one?

https://linustechtips.com/discover/followed-content

IIRC you can setup it to send daily email digest, but that doesn't really achieve your needs.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

8 minutes ago, LogicalDrm said:

For this, my advice is to just post and be corrected. Probably half of people posting here will write anything even if they don't have clue about the subject.

or have people look at post and see "oh someone else already replied no need to go there"

or "well this is very easy solution if it's already got comment it's hardly 30 minute old post"

PC:

PCs I used before:

Just now, podkall said:

or have people look at post and see "oh someone else already replied no need to go there"

or "well this is very easy solution if it's already got comment it's hardly 30 minute old post"

Yeah, thats the problem some people seem to have. Including, but not limited to, the "Recent snipers". Nothing we can do about people in that way. Personally I open every interesting post since I know people talk just bs or post for sake of posting.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
vvvv Who's there? vvvv