SOS Help for new build!

Budget (including currency): 2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: STM32, SolidWorks, MATLAB, League of Legends, COD MW2, Assassin Creed Vahalla, Payday 2, Genshin Impact & some video editing(once in a while)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

(update: I have the other post earlier but microcenter ran out of the 12700k combo when i got there 😞 )

Hi guys, I'm building my 1st pc and needed some help on motherboard and cooler suggestions.

These parts were bought during sale and I intended to get a rtx4700/amd 7800 graphics card when launched. (I also had bought a 1440p 165hz monitor)
I also bought a Arc 770 as a temporary transition card.

I would use the setup for some productivity work and feel free to give me any suggestions that u got!

With a budget like that a “do everything” machine isn’t that difficult to arrange.  How about this?  

Cpu is 6/12 but there’s also all those ecores.  If your matlab and other non-game stuff can use ecores you’ve got multithread out the bozingo. 

The PSU might be kind of marginal.  Hives used to be pretty good.  There’s money to go up for PSU though.  

If you’ve got a microcenter nearby you can just walk in and buy all of that except maybe the cooler.  Perhaps order that and use the stock cooler and don’t overclock till it gets in.  Microcenter sucks at coolers for some reason. Dunno why.  I got an evga 850 gt for under a Benjamin there. Would have been a preferred PSU to that one.  

Also the used market is BANGIN right now for amphere and rdx2 GPUs.  Could save hundreds getting a used gpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($314.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($41.30 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Classic 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory  ($68.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($185.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($209.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($729.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1914.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-12-08 20:12 EST-0500

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.

2 hours ago, RavioliSadgeSolo said:

Budget (including currency): 2000 USD

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: STM32, SolidWorks, MATLAB, League of Legends, COD MW2, Assassin Creed Vahalla, Payday 2, Genshin Impact & some video editing(once in a while)

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc): 

(update: I have the other post earlier but microcenter ran out of the 12700k combo when i got there 😞 )

Hi guys, I'm building my 1st pc and needed some help on motherboard and cooler suggestions.

These parts were bought during sale and I intended to get a rtx4700/amd 7800 graphics card when launched. (I also had bought a 1440p 165hz monitor)
I also bought a Arc 770 as a temporary transition card.

I would use the setup for some productivity work and feel free to give me any suggestions that u got!

The parts included in the link have alr been bought? Additionally does the parts in the link include along with the budget given? Or are they outside of the budget?

2 hours ago, Jade Roxy said:

The parts included in the link have alr been bought? Additionally does the parts in the link include along with the budget given? Or are they outside of the budget?

It would be included but the prices varies,

I bought the evga psu @ 115usd, cpu @ 300usd, ssd @ 199usd, case @109usd.

3 hours ago, Bombastinator said:

With a budget like that a “do everything” machine isn’t that difficult to arrange.  How about this?  

Cpu is 6/12 but there’s also all those ecores.  If your matlab and other non-game stuff can use ecores you’ve got multithread out the bozingo. 

The PSU might be kind of marginal.  Hives used to be pretty good.  There’s money to go up for PSU though.  

If you’ve got a microcenter nearby you can just walk in and buy all of that except maybe the cooler.  Perhaps order that and use the stock cooler and don’t overclock till it gets in.  Microcenter sucks at coolers for some reason. Dunno why.  I got an evga 850 gt for under a Benjamin there. Would have been a preferred PSU to that one.  

Also the used market is BANGIN right now for amphere and rdx2 GPUs.  Could save hundreds getting a used gpu.

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: Intel Core i5-13600K 3.5 GHz 14-Core Processor  ($314.99 @ B&H) 
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler  ($41.30 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: ASRock Z690 Steel Legend WiFi 6E ATX LGA1700 Motherboard  ($184.99 @ Newegg) 
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Classic 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL22 Memory  ($68.98 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 3.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($185.49 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Samsung 980 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive  ($209.99 @ Best Buy) 
Video Card: ASRock Phantom Gaming D OC Radeon RX 6800 XT 16 GB Video Card  ($729.00 @ Amazon) 
Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow ATX Mid Tower Case  ($104.99 @ Amazon) 
Power Supply: Rosewill HIVE 850 W 80+ Bronze Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply  ($74.99 @ Newegg) 
Total: $1914.72
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2022-12-08 20:12 EST-0500

Thanks! In facts the parts that I've listed were all bought! 

2 hours ago, Jade Roxy said:

It would be included but the prices varies,

I bought the evga psu @ 115usd, cpu @ 300usd, ssd @ 199usd, case @109usd. Those saves me some budget for the 2k setup!(mainly on future upgradability)

So you’re short a motherboard and GPU.  One usually picks the motherboard before the case, but it’s workable.  You will likely want some storage eventually too.  I went with nvme but a great big mechanical hard drive works too.  Storage doesn’t really need to be fast.  That case can fit 3 of em out of the box, so plenty of storage space.

The case is atx, so that steel legend will work fine. It’s got a good rep for a cheaper motherboard.  It’s quite popular.  It’s got wifi so that is covered.  

I would say get the motherboard and while that is shipping go on eBay and use up the rest of your budget on the fastest video card you can afford.  Unless the AMD 7 series GPUs are out, which won’t be available used. The 7800xt will still be out of budget by $100 or so.  You may want to stretch for it, or not.  The entrance of those will likely hit the sales prices of used high end rdna2 even harder though (the used market is bangin atm) so it still may be the way to go.  

Edited by Bombastinator

Not a pro, not even very good.  I’m just old and have time currently.  Assuming I know a lot about computers can be a mistake.

Life is like a bowl of chocolates: there are all these little crinkly paper cups everywhere.