Linus broke a server?

WinNut
Go to solution Solved by gulmat,

Its an ongoing joke on the forum since it started, its listed out on the early Live Streams (was called that back in the day :lol:  ) I'm sure its in the show's description. I'd guess Late 2012 December timeframe to early 2013 January as the forum started in 2013 Jan. time.

Yup, he did. Back when this forum was first hosted on a little desktop sitting in the corner at NCIX. Lol, the silly fool  :lol:

Corsair 400R, i7 3770K @ 4.5GHz 16GB, Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz, Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Motherboard, 240GB Samsung 840 Evo Sata III SSD, 2 x Asus GTX 780 Direct CU2 SLI, Corsair H100i and Corsair AX860i Platinum Power supply.

yes, long time ago when the server was hosted on a desktop with some parts that made 0 sense xD

oh long time ago...

It knocked the sata cable out of the SSD causing the forum to go offline.

still confuses me how a tiny flashdrive can knock out a sata cable, esspecially when most sata cables have lock things

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

still confuses me how a tiny flashdrive can knock out a sata cable, esspecially when most sata cables have lock things

Who knows. Maybe the particular SATA cable was a little loose or the lock was broken.

A lot of SSD's don't allow the SATA cables to lock in (in particular the Corsair Force offerings) so it's entirely possible.

A lot of SSD's don't allow the SATA cables to lock in (in particular the Corsair Force offerings) so it's entirely possible.

but still it was a flash drive, he had to have thrown it pretty hard...

@LinusTech stop flash drive abuse!! >:C

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

And precisely.

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Meanwhile in Soviet Russia...Linus raged and shattered a printer by poking it.

@LinusTech stop flash drive abuse!! >:C

Well the Corsair Survivors can probably do a bit of damage with some force behind it :D

lol that's hilarious.. just the worst timing and accuracy.. well maybe the best if he was trying to do that..

“Everything in excess! To enjoy the flavor of life, take big bites. Moderation is for monks.”

Who knows. Maybe the particular SATA cable was a little loose or the lock was broken.

Linus uses aimbot in real life to hit that little pin at the bottom of the cable...

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 5800x3D | Scythe Fuma 2 | RX6600XT Red Devil | B550M Steel Legend | Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MTs | 980 Pro Gen4 - RAID0 - Kingston A400 480GB x2 RAID1 - Seagate Barracuda 1TB x2 | Fractal Design Integra M 650W | InWin 103 | Mic. - SM57 | Headphones - Sony MDR-1A | Keyboard - Roccat Vulcan 100 AIMO | Mouse - Steelseries Rival 310 | Monitor - Dell S3422DWG

Is it true that @LinusTech threw a flash drive at a server and broke it? If so, is there a video? If there is, can it be linked?

Thanks!

Its an ongoing joke on the forum since it started, its listed out on the early Live Streams (was called that back in the day :lol:  ) I'm sure its in the show's description. I'd guess Late 2012 December timeframe to early 2013 January as the forum started in 2013 Jan. time.

I roll with sigs off so I have no idea what you're advertising.

This is NOT the signature you are looking for.

"Have you tried forcing an unexpected reboot?"

-- Maurice Moss

Yes he did they spoke about it on the live stream once

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

This is why I moved the hosting a few thousand miles from him..