Google Drive like storage + Plex on one NAS possible?

b24567
Go to solution Solved by b24567,

Nevermind ignore me I'm an idiot lol

Hello everyone! I am new to the whole concept of a NAS and am looking to start a plex server and a storage that is accessible over my local network. I'm looking to get the Synology DS420+ or DS920+ since according to my research it should be more than fine to support multiple streams and even some 4K streams. I was wondering if on the same NAS that I use for the plex I'll be able to store files that I can access over my local network. I know that Synology has some native solution that allows this but I'm not sure if I can partition the drives in such a way that I can use half of the storage for NAS and the other half for my files.

I know you wanted to be ignored, but just to make sure I wanted to provide some info 😄 

I own a RS815 on which I run Plex. You don't need to specifiy a certain part of your storage as useable by Plex. You can simply create a folder onto which the Plex user account has access to and fill that with pictures, movies, music and so on for Plex. This will simply take up as much storage as it needs to.

At the same time you can create shared folders for your storage. Or you can also use your personal storage folder if you plan on adding a user account for each user. Partitions aren't needed.