No sign of life from my pc/motherboard

Daan_qQu1et

Beginner pc builder here, following LTT pc building guide. At the step where we test the system by jumpstarting it with a screwdriver and just nothing seems to happen. Tried a little troubleshooting myself but I'm pretty sure I've done everything correctly, then checked the motherboard manual to double check component compatibility and found what I think is the problem: My Gigabyte Aorus Elite AX V2 motherboard and G-Skill Ripjaws (F4-3600C18D-16GVK) RAM do not seem compatible. Which if that is the case is stupid of me that I didn't check this earlier, pc parts picker didn't highlight this issue or I might've bought a lookalike product. Anyways, I was looking for some confirmation from a helpful experienced pc builder before I buy new RAM, does non-compatible RAM completely deny a motherboard to turn on? 

Full specs:

Gigabyte aorus Elite AX V2

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

Powercolor AMD radeon RX 6800 XT

G-Skill Ripjaws (F4-3600C18D-16GVK)

Kingston NV2 1 TB M.2 

NZXT C850 gold

Usually if ram is not on the motherboard QVL list, it'll still boot and just because it's not on the QVL list doesn't mean it won't work well for you.

First thing I'd check is to make sure that the PSU switch is on and that the case power switch is connected to the proper header on the motherboard.

Desktop: Intel i7-13700K / Asus ROG Strix  z690-e / Nvidia 4080 FE / 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator / 2TB  WD SN850x  / 48" Lg C2 & 27" Asus ProArt

Plex Server: Dell OptiPlex 7010 /  i7-13700 /  32GB DDR5 / 1TB Samsung  990 Pro / Ubuntu

Laptop: M2 Macbook Air / 8G ram / 8core CPU / 10core GPU / 512GB SSD

NAS: Synology 1821+ , 2x Synology RS819 = 200TB 

Make sure everything is plugged correctly and the power switch is on on the PSU. Have done that many times when doing work on my system.

NON-QVL USUALLY means that it'll just maybe have trouble running rated speeds. Though for server and OEM machines it can be a matter of no boot.

I'd suggest seeing on the BIOS chip which BIOS you have, usually there is some sort of marking. Might just be an old BIOS.