HDMI hub question (for capture card)

Jushoa

Want: Use hdmi hub to have my switch and ps5 go into it and the out function of hdmi hub to go into my internal capture card

If I get one with a small remote to switch which in it is projecting, will I need to have my monitor on hdmi mode to switch it? I know I will be using the capture card software (elgato) to see what system I am capturing. I just don't know if I need to have my monitor in hdmi mode to switch it. I'm hoping it works as I am thinking and I can switch it while viewing it through elgato software.

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4-3600 8gb x 4

GPU: RX 5700XT

Storage: WD Blue SN550 M.2-2280, Toshiba SSD 500gb, Seagate external 1TB

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 80+ Gold 750W

34 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

Want: Use hdmi hub to have my switch and ps5 go into it and the out function of hdmi hub to go into my internal capture card

If I get one with a small remote to switch which in it is projecting, will I need to have my monitor on hdmi mode to switch it? I know I will be using the capture card software (elgato) to see what system I am capturing. I just don't know if I need to have my monitor in hdmi mode to switch it. I'm hoping it works as I am thinking and I can switch it while viewing it through elgato software.

you would switch what input on the hub is and thats how you change witch console it capture

console---- switch--- capture card----monitor

Edited by thrasher_565

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

11 minutes ago, thrasher_565 said:

you would switch what input on the hub is and thats how you change witch console it capture

I won't need to have my monitor on hdmi mode TO SWITCH? If it's on hdmi 1 (say PS5) and my software is displaying it, when I switch it to hdmi 2 on the hdmi hub it will switch it on my software

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600

Mobo: ASRock B450M Pro4

RAM: Ripjaw DDR4-3600 8gb x 4

GPU: RX 5700XT

Storage: WD Blue SN550 M.2-2280, Toshiba SSD 500gb, Seagate external 1TB

PSU: Super Flower Leadex III 80+ Gold 750W

8 minutes ago, Jushoa said:

I won't need to have my monitor on hdmi mode? If it's on hdmi 1 (say PS5) and my software is displaying it, when I switch it to hdmi 2 on the hdmi hub it will switch it on my software

the hub dose the switching not the software. as there only one input and out put on the capture card. so no switch the monitor

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links