No audio once in Xbox party chat PC

Dub7030

When i try to join a party through the Xbox app i can no longer hear the game or any sound from the computer? Anyone know how to fix this? This has been a constant issue for a very long time and Microsoft is refusing to fix it. The internet is littered with millions having the same issue or issues. I'm getting extremely pi**** that they cant fix these issues. I'm trying to use my Skullcandy Crushers threw bluetooth for in game audio and party chat. A lot may have to deal with garbage bluetooth drivers on windows. The only way i can get both working at the same time is when I have hands free AG audio set as default for both recording and playback. But when I do this the audio coming threw is absolute garbage and renders it pretty much useless. ITS THAT TERRIBLE! Ive tried changing the audio sample rate but the hands free AG for some reason has it greyed and set to the lowest possible setting which is 1 channel, 16bit, 16000hz. These headphones will definitely go higher because the other option for the headphones in the playback section allows me to go up to 2 channel, 16 bit, 44100hz which is even lower than using a dedicated audio card. Can anyone help, cause this has been an issue for years.

Screenshot 2022-12-03 220217.png

Screenshot 2022-12-03 220254.png

Screenshot 2022-12-03 220317.png

Does the Xbox live party app have its own sound settings? 

Maybe they have been changed

My understanding is that when you're using Bluetooth it doesn't have the bandwidth for  chat and game audio.

So if you pick the "hands free" option in your list above, that will allow it but then I think you're in like mono sound if i recall. But you will be able to hear both apps/programs.

But my wife ran into the same issue where trying to use sound from 2 different programs.  It wouldn't work over Bluetooth unless you picked that hands free option.

Edit: and this isnt a Microsoft issue. She had the issue with game sound + discord as well. 

Thank you so much for the response. The thing that confuses me is why they can't do both. All my android devices have had no issues like this with Bluetooth ever. They have worked perfectly with games, music, videos, even xbox party chat on android. I just don't understand why this is an issue that I only encounter on windows. I just got a new phone that uses Bluetooth 5.0 and everything works flawlessly. The Bluetooth on my computer tower is Bluetooth 5.2 and is just flat out broken for audio.

17 hours ago, fpo said:

Does the Xbox live party app have its own sound settings? 

Maybe they have been changed

Yes it does, but none of it helps or fixes the issue. Most of it only deals with the chat specifically.

5 hours ago, Dub7030 said:

Yes it does, but none of it helps or fixes the issue. Most of it only deals with the chat specifically.

Interesting...

Usually changing that setting around gets it working. 

I have a dedicated soundcard in addition to the motherboard sound and the speaker in one of my monitors so I can usually get something to work. 

I'm not sure what I can say for you. 

8 hours ago, Dub7030 said:

Thank you so much for the response. The thing that confuses me is why they can't do both. All my android devices have had no issues like this with Bluetooth ever. They have worked perfectly with games, music, videos, even xbox party chat on android. I just don't understand why this is an issue that I only encounter on windows. I just got a new phone that uses Bluetooth 5.0 and everything works flawlessly. The Bluetooth on my computer tower is Bluetooth 5.2 and is just flat out broken for audio.

Yeah, I finally found the "handfree" tip in some forum online, but it wasn't the easiest issue to find info about online, which I found weird. Seemed like we were the only ones having the issue.

I don't know if other (newer?) bluetooth protocols handle it better, or if it's all BT in general. She was using a cheap amazon usb BT adapter, and the Microsoft Wireless Xbox Headset (In BT mode) on her PC for what it's worth. 

On 12/5/2022 at 4:44 AM, fpo said:

Interesting...

Usually changing that setting around gets it working. 

I have a dedicated soundcard in addition to the motherboard sound and the speaker in one of my monitors so I can usually get something to work. 

I'm not sure what I can say for you. 

My Sound Blaster ZXR has no issues, its only when dealing with bluetooth.

On 12/5/2022 at 6:55 AM, Holmes108 said:

Yeah, I finally found the "handfree" tip in some forum online, but it wasn't the easiest issue to find info about online, which I found weird. Seemed like we were the only ones having the issue.

I don't know if other (newer?) bluetooth protocols handle it better, or if it's all BT in general. She was using a cheap amazon usb BT adapter, and the Microsoft Wireless Xbox Headset (In BT mode) on her PC for what it's worth. 

Ive have also posted this on the Microsoft community forums. I have found many forums and discussions all over the internet and not a single person has been able to find a solution to this issue. Im not using some random dongle either, its the latest 5.0 bluetooth dongle by Asus. My bad on the post earlier, I thought it was 5.2, I should've checked before I said anything.