Can you overclock a 5600

Go to solution Solved by Middcore,

You can overclock any Ryzen CPU (except the 5800X3D). The X chips just have moderately higher factory clocks. You have been under a misconception since 2017, I guess.

I always thought that you could only overclock ryzen CPU's that had an x in the name. But nothing seems to be stopping me from overclocking my 5600 in ryzen master.

You can overclock any Ryzen CPU (except the 5800X3D). The X chips just have moderately higher factory clocks. You have been under a misconception since 2017, I guess.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

Yes all ryzens are unlocked

Expect somewhere around 4.5-4.7 at 1.25-1.3v (seems to be sweetspot for efficiency aka best v/f on zen3), dont reccomend going above 1.35v cause if you have an oc that needs >1.35v then the volt scaling has gone to shit and you are just burning the cpu for basically no gains, sure max safe ~1.45v but not exactly worth it when dropping down to 1.25v will only lose 200mhz in freq