[Updated 5/27/14] Asus PB287Q 4K Monitor 649$ & Release Date Confirmed by Ryan Shrout!

ChrisxIxCross

I want an ips with Gsync. :)

Ghosting would still be a problem though. Ips need to be a bit faster to really make Use of gsync.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

A 144hrz + gsync + high persistence + 1440p / TN = still want.

That's a completely different monitor. You're thinking of the ROG Swift.

4K 10-bit, high quality TN panel for $650? Damn. I was drooling over the Swift but maybe I'll get this instead. It's cheaper and I have to admit 4K is really appealing. I like the PiP and PbP features as well, I could see myself making use of PbP quite a bit.

That's a completely different monitor. You're thinking of the ROG Swift.

look a page back. I was talking about the rog swift.

4770k @4.4 / 16GB @2400 / Plextor MP5X 128GB / MSI Mpower Z87 / MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC / AX860 / XSPC RX240 & EX240 / Koolance 380i / CM 690 II / Qnix 1440p @96Hz / Benq XL2420G

Current Status: Mourning the loss of my 780 ti 

the day someone makes a 28in+ IPS 4k monitor for below 700 bucks is the day my bank account will be empty.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

the day someone makes a 28in+ IPS 4k monitor for below 700 bucks is the day my bank account will be empty.

Linus has stated countless times how TN 4K is NOT using your typical shitty panel.

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

people like to bitch about anything they can, if they cant get every single spec they want  for next to no money they trash talk it. doesnt matter how you defend it and how right you are there extremely closed minded and do not care even read what you have to say let alone give something a a chance.  You know how many people if you presented this to in real life would blow it off before even looking at it ? 90%, for those of you i dont care to here to read your bitchy comments lol. so Middle finger to you :P

ANYYYYWAY with that said my understanding the samsung and the asus i beleave are all AOC panels so quality should be pretty similiar. Im hoping asus's wait time is due to lack of stock and wont pull the crap samsung is pulling where you can order something they wont have in stock for a month. With all that said it should be an excellent bang with the buck and will make alot of people happy saying they have the gpu power to support it!

people like to bitch about anything they can, if they cant get every single spec they want  for next to no money they trash talk it. doesnt matter how you defend it and how right you are there extremely closed minded and do not care even read what you have to say let alone give something a a chance.  You know how many people if you presented this to in real life would blow it off before even looking at it ? 90%, for those of you i dont care to here to read your bitchy comments lol. so Middle finger to you :P

ANYYYYWAY with that said my understanding the samsung and the asus i beleave are all AOC panels so quality should be pretty similiar. Im hoping asus's wait time is due to lack of stock and wont pull the crap samsung is pulling where you can order something they wont have in stock for a month. With all that said it should be an excellent bang with the buck and will make alot of people happy saying they have the gpu power to support it!

Yea I don't understand this "IPS or GTFO" crap I see on EVERY forum. It's really getting quite annoying when people just blurt things out when they haven't even SEEN the thing in person. All those people probably upgraded from some shit TN monitor from YEARS ago when IPS was getting pretty big and were like EHRMAGHERD TN IS SHIT #IPS4LYFE. TN really is NOT that bad when you get your hands on the highest grade panel there probably has EVER been. A 1ms 10 BIT TN panel is absolutely unheard of and will be VERY close by comparison to IPS displays. I honestly cannot wait to see this 4K monster side by side with my VG248QE. :D

EDIT: 

Based on a newly developed panel that is lower in cost but not in quality it allows the new PB287Q to be aggressively priced at a MSRP of 649$. 

Apparently it's a panel that Asus sourced on their own, which is the same thing they did with their WQHD G-Sync monitor. So it's going to be interesting how Asus' panel stacks up against the samsung which atm is still 50$ more expensive. 

CPU: i7 6700k @ 4.6ghz | CASE: Corsair 780T White Edition | MB: Asus Z170 Deluxe | CPU Cooling: EK Predator 360 | GPU: NVIDIA Titan X Pascal w/ EKWB nickel waterblock | PSU: EVGA 850w P2 | RAM: 16GB DDR4 Corsair Domintator Platinum 2800mhz | Storage: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB | OS: Win 10 Pro x64 | Monitor: Acer Predator X34/HTC VIVE Keyboard: CM Storm Trigger-Z | Mouse: Razer Taipan | Sound: Audio Technica ATH-M50x / Klipsch Promedia 2.1 Sound System 

This+gtx 880 when it's released = fanboy gaming

But he also complained about the grey's being off, and sometimes color uniformity was an issue.

OT: If only I didn't just spend 530$ on headphones I could buy this lul >.>

I'll probably get more use out of them than a 4k monitor though, maybe in a few generations of GPU.

But everyones opinion is different. This monitor would be fine for most who dont know about different panel types.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

"Better than most TNs" still doesn't mean "As good as IPS"

4K is irrelevant until it's IPS or PLS, and $650 is still way too much to spend on a TN panel no matter how many pixels it has. 

I'd rather have a high quality 1440p monitor over a TN 4K monitor any day. 

Personal Rig: i7 7700K - Asus Strix Z270H - 2x8GB GSkill RGB memory 3000Mhz - EVGA GTX1080ti SC2 - 2X Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2

ok then dont stomp the mushrooms of the people that will enjoy this mario. go jump away

"Better than most TNs" still doesn't mean "As good as IPS"

4K is irrelevant until it's IPS or PLS, and $650 is still way too much to spend on a TN panel no matter how many pixels it has. 

I'd rather have a high quality 1440p monitor over a TN 4K monitor any day. 

Speaking as someone that owns an IPS 1440p monitor: I wouldn't be at all surprised to see a 10-bit TN panel match one of the lower quality Korean IPS panels. If I get this monitor I highly doubt it will be that big of a quality downgrade, if at all. That is of course assuming Asus gets everything right on it. I've spent over $500 on a TN panel monitor before (first gen 3D Vision monitor) so the cost for a massive resolution upgrade doesn't sound that bad too me.

Linus has stated countless times how TN 4K is NOT using your typical shitty panel.

Yes but even a good TN panel is not as good as a half way decent IPS. Yes a TN panel can give you decent color reproduction but i'm not gonna spend 500 bucks+ on a monitor that has okay color. Of course it is completely subjective but I personally prefer better color then things like quicker response and stuff.

My Rig "Corsair air 540, MSI Z87-G45, i5 4670k, EVGA ACX 780, Gskill sniper 2x8gb 1866 memory, Corsair CX500m modular 80+ bronze, corsiar h100i, toshiba 1.5tb HDD." / Peripherals "Acer H226HQLbid Black 21.5" (Main monitor), Acer S200HLAbd Black 20" (auxiliary), Razer blackwidow ultimate 2013, razer naga 2013, razer goliathus 444x355 speed edition, Sennheiser HD8 DJs"

I just found my new monitors!  This is a great deal...

Cant wait monday try this bad boy :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Does it have A-sync support though? I can't find any info on that, maybe I'm just blind, cause I think I'll have serious trouble feeding this thing.

Does it have A-sync support though? I can't find any info on that, maybe I'm just blind, cause I think I'll have serious trouble feeding this thing.

Does it have Display port 1.2a? The answer to both is no.

Does it have Display port 1.2a? The answer to both is no.

Thanks I guess I ain't buyin' it.

I'll stick to my UP2414Q. 

to bad it doesn't support 60Hz over a single stream. or does it?

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

Really wish these panels were IPS. Hopefully they will be once x99 comes out. I'm ready for an upgrade to 4K.

Creative Build Name Here

i7 3930K | Rampage IV Extreme | NH-U14S | GTX 680 x2 | 32GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz | Coolermaster 1000W | 256GB Samsung 840 Pro | Western Digital Black 2TB x2 | 12GB RAM Disk | HE-500 Headphones

All in the Fractal Design Define XL R2

Really wish these panels were IPS. Hopefully they will be once x99 comes out. I'm ready for an upgrade to 4K.

I understand the advantages of IPS when choosing one over some other average 200$-300$ TN monitor. Is it really that much of a deal breaker for you even with the really high grade TN panels that they're using in these new 4K monitors? 

This may very well be my next monitor...