best >300aud gpu for hp compaq 8200 elite intel core i5 2500

Bionicolt45

basically the title, just want to know the absolute best gpu for that price and under, i currently have a gt 730 but its not quite cutting it for me, it does things, but not great... any cpu recommendations are welcome aswell, but i wont be paying as much attention to them as i want to make the gpu better first.

oh and for high prof gpus i have another question, do i have top get low prof? can i not just keep the lid off and get a different "bracket" sorry if thats not what you would call it, im new to all of this

is it a compaq elite SFF or CMT?

if it's an SFF you're stuck with the low profile nonesne, CMT is full size.

also - i'm assuming the HP special™ 250 watt power supply?

If it is a PC without PCIe cables, a board power GPU is the only option.

4 minutes ago, manikyath said:

if it's an SFF you're stuck with the low profile nonesne, CMT is full size.

There are some low profile 1650's on the market, those cards however will be bottlenecked by that i5.

I guess a platform upgrade, or even a second hand, more recent machine would be much more beneficial

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

2 minutes ago, Alinz said:

There are some low profile 1650's on the market, those cards however will be bottlenecked by that i5.

I guess a platform upgrade, or even a second hand, more recent machine would be much more beneficial

meh.. if it bottlenecks, just bump up the anti-aliasing.

and if the cpu doesnt suffice, these HP boxes are basicly a 'unit' that you use as a whole, or flip to the next person as a whole.

say yey for proprietary crap!

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

750Ti SFF/LP

GTX1050Ti SFF/LP

GTX1650 SFF/LP
at up to 75w, no External Power required. (Feel free to jump in with AMD alternatives, I just don't know them)

When CPU bottlenecked,up the details or resolution with Nvidia DSR 1440p or inGame Resolution scaling (above 100% if allowed) at 120/125/133%+
I've used a GTX1650 GDDR6 with a Dell SFF i7 3770 based machine with 4x4GB Dual Rank DDR3 1600Mhz and a 220w PSU for months across a wide range of games and the PSU isn't a concern (outside of being proprietary) but 24pin power adapter cables exist to use standard PSU's to the custom proprietary motherboard power inputs if that's also a concern.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz