Is my Tab S8 defected?

Whateverchan

I just bought a Tab S8 base model. When I compare it to my old Tab A 2017, its white color is noticeably not as good. It's as if there's a gray filter over it. I can't compare to my Note 10 because my phone already has quite a nasty case of burn-in. It looks like I have a brown filter on it. But from the last few white spots left, it seems as if this old Tab A is even brighter and has whiter white color display than the Note 10. I guess the display for the S8 is closer to the Note 10? Here are some pictures I took.

20221130_150804.thumb.jpg.49bb5117d313f8790a694aa55f726ee6.jpg

20221130_051354.thumb.jpg.8be03f65cd29727a4c6fce9e8b5068fb.jpg

Last picture even look somewhat reddish...? I checked the review videos and seems like I'm not the only one. Their white looks more like light gray/silver. But then again, those reviewers might have turned down the brightness, or their camera didn't capture the screen well. I don't know. But how the hell can a budget tablet from 5 years ago look brighter than a flagship phone and tablet?

I'll verify this with Samsung support as well. Just want to ask around first. From what I've read, the S8+ and S7 also have warmer white, so they're probably not much better. If mine really isn't a defect.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Hm, I can't really help with an outside opinion because I don't have a galaxy tab S8 to compare with, but I wonder if the comfort view is on in the settings or you have a screen filtering app like twilight? And I think Samsungs have the display settings where you can adjust the colors. 

Ah. I forgot to mention all the display effects like comfort view, blue light, adaptive brightness are all off. No apps that can intefere with the color, either. It's new and I have yet to download any app. The color settings you mentioned is only for devices with Oled or Amoled. And honestly, it has little use on my Note 10. I just set it to coolest.

If you mean the vivid or natural setting, they are all set to vivid.