msi pro b660-a ddr4 cmos

xven

I am trying to reset the cmos on my Msi Pro B660-a DDR4 motherboard as when i power it up i get the Dram light bug. I have a kit of 3200 speed 2x16 corsair vengeance ram and i think the cmos clear would maybe fix the issue. If not i am gonna have to try to get my hands on ddr4 ram to see if it's the kit the problem. ( i just when to ddr5 like 3 weeks ago on my system lmao )

Trying to fix this issue asap and as low cost as possible as it's a friends pc and money is kinda limited.

Just now, xven said:

I am trying to reset the cmos on my Msi Pro B660-a DDR4 motherboard as when i power it up i get the Dram light bug. I have a kit of 3200 speed 2x16 corsair vengeance ram and i think the cmos clear would maybe fix the issue. If not i am gonna have to try to get my hands on ddr4 ram to see if it's the kit the problem. ( i just when to ddr5 like 3 weeks ago on my system lmao )

Trying to fix this issue asap and as low cost as possible as it's a friends pc and money is kinda limited.

Oh stupid me... i don't know how to find the cmos on the motherboard ... that would be helpful if i can get some help lol

There's a button cell battery located below the first PCIe x 16 slot on the motherboard, close to the expansion slots if installed in the case. Remove this with the machine powered down and wait a few seconds before reinstalling the button cell battery. 

Alternatively, there is a clear CMOS jumper, typically located towards the bottom of the motherboard, that you can short with a screwdriver head. Consult the motherboard's manual if you want to reset this to find the CMOS jumper. 

CPU Cooler Tier List  || Motherboard VRMs Tier List || Motherboard Beep & POST Codes || Graphics Card Tier List || PSU Tier List 

Main System Specifications: 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X ||  CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Air Cooler ||  RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB(4x8GB) DDR4-3600 CL18  ||  Mobo: ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero X570  ||  SSD: Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2-2280 Boot Drive/Some Games)  ||  HDD: 2X Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB(Game Drive)  ||  GPU: ASUS TUF Gaming RX 6900XT  ||  PSU: EVGA P2 1600W  ||  Case: Corsair 5000D Airflow  ||  Mouse: Logitech G502 Hero SE RGB  ||  Keyboard: Logitech G513 Carbon RGB with GX Blue Clicky Switches  ||  Mouse Pad: MAINGEAR ASSIST XL ||  Monitor: ASUS TUF Gaming VG34VQL1B 34"