CPU Temp is high. Owner tells it to "knock it off and get a job!"

So I've found that my CPU temp, according to bios, will rise at least to 92 degrees Fahrenheit after idling for 5 to 10 mins and might creep higher, I decided not to test it. This doesn't seem like it should be normal. Is it? And if it's not then is it a given that I will have to detach my big ass noctua heat sink and reapply thermal paste? Please say no,please. Also if you wanna know my setup it is listed in my profile.

What do you mean by owner tells it to ''knock it off etc'' ? And if you have got a noctua cooler, thats very damn high. Is it overclocked? Did you buy it from a previous owner?

First off, please list temperatures in celsius. Secondly, the temps are quite normal considering that they are hovering around 33 c. If i were you, i would test the max temp. by stressing your CPU, and then return with the results. 

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

Its normally suppose to get that hot :)

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

33°C isnt hot man

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition

What do you mean by owner tells it to ''knock it off etc'' ? And if you have got a noctua cooler, thats very damn high. Is it overclocked? Did you buy it from a previous owner?

1.I was making a pun off the dual meaning of the word "high", as in influenced by drugs.

2. Not overclocked just newly built.

First off, please list temperatures in celsius. Secondly, the temps are quite normal considering that they are hovering around 33 c. If i were you, i would test the max temp. by stressing your CPU, and then return with the results.

1. Bios gives the temp in Fahrenheit so that's what I quoted, not to mention that is the measure our brains are wired for here in the US.

2.I'll get back to you on that. Wasn't sure it was safe.

HOLY SHIT 90°F.

Thats like nothin.

Gaming HTPC:

R5 5600X - Cryorig C7 - Asus ROG B350-i - EVGA RTX2060KO - 16gb G.Skill Ripjaws V 3333mhz - Corsair SF450 - 500gb 960 EVO - LianLi TU100B

Desktop PC:
R9 3900X - Peerless Assassin 120 SE - Asus Prime X570 Pro - Powercolor 7900XT - 32gb LPX 3200mhz - Corsair SF750 Platinum - 1TB WD SN850X - CoolerMaster NR200 White - Gigabyte M27Q-SA - Corsair K70 Rapidfire - Logitech MX518 Legendary - HyperXCloud Alpha wireless

Boss-NAS [Build Log]:
R5 2400G - Noctua NH-D14 - Asus Prime X370-Pro - 16gb G.Skill Aegis 3000mhz - Seasonic Focus Platinum 550W - Fractal Design R5 - 
250gb 970 Evo (OS) - 2x500gb 860 Evo (Raid0) - 6x4TB WD Red (RaidZ2)

Synology-NAS:
DS920+
2x4TB Ironwolf - 1x18TB Seagate Exos X20

Audio Gear:

Hifiman HE-400i - Kennerton Magister - Beyerdynamic DT880 250Ohm - AKG K7XX - Fostex TH-X00 - O2 Amp/DAC Combo - 
Klipsch RP280F - Klipsch RP160M - Klipsch RP440C - Yamaha RX-V479

Reviews and Stuff:

GTX 780 DCU2 // 8600GTS // Hifiman HE-400i // Kennerton Magister
Folding all the Proteins! // Boincerino

Useful Links:
Do you need an AMP/DAC? // Recommended Audio Gear // PSU Tier List 

1.I was making a pun off the dual meaning of the word "high", as in influenced by drugs.

2. Not overclocked just newly built.

1. Bios gives the temp in Fahrenheit so that's what I quoted, not to mention that is the measure our brains are wired for here in the US.

2.I'll get back to you on that. Wasn't sure it was safe.

Get used to the metric system then. :P

You can change your bios to display celsius btw.

#LinusKitchenTips /// "Better than useless" - Linus Sebastian

LTT Holy bible: Code Of Conduct

Project Toaster [My Silver NCASE M1 V2 Build-log] 

Main Rig
 Case: Fractal Design Define R5 CPU: INTEL 
i5 3570k Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: Maximus V Gene Z77 GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming (w/ 0% fan mode) RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum 2x8GB 1600mHz Storage: OCZ VERTEX 4 256GB PSU: Corsair AX860 Monitor: ASUS PB278Q 1440p 27" Headphones: QPAD QH-90 Laptop
Macbook Pro Retina 13" i5 256Gb Early 2015
Phone
Oneplus One 64GB Sandstone Black

For future reference what is the danger zone?

Get used to the metric system then. :P

You can change your bios to display celsius btw.

HOLY SHIT 90°F.

Thats like nothin.

33°C isnt hot man

I dont like my cpu to go over 90C or about 195 F

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

100 Celcius or so. But your CPU will probably throttle by then,

First (hey, me too, me too) BIOS always lists temps bit wrong to either side. I would check desktop idle for reference. U14S on 4770K gives me 37C as idle (35C at stock). You are fine with that. U14S is air cooler with single tower and single fan. Its not like D14, AIO or custom loop which would be under 30C mark on idle. Ofc ambient effects some so all temp mentioned are with ~22C ambient (my room temp).

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

33°C isnt hot man

lol touch it and you'll see

The most common result of insufficient wattage is a paperweight that looks like a PC

lol touch it and you'll see

body temperature is 38°C, so yea, nothing will happen

ITX Monster: CPU: I5 4690K GPU: MSI 970 4G Mobo: Asus Formula VI Impact RAM: Kingston 8 GB 1600MHz PSU: Corsair RM 650 SSD: Crucial MX100 512 GB HDD: laptop drive 1TB Keyboard: logitech G710+ Mouse: Steelseries Rival Monitor: LG IPS 23" Case: Corsair 250D Cooling: H100i

Mobile: Phone: Broken HTC One (M7) Totaly Broken OnePlus ONE Samsung S6 32GB  :wub:  Tablet: Google Nexus 7 2013 edition