Audio cutting out while playing fullscreen/borderless window games

Good day all,

I just recently went to a 6800xt from a 2060 and I have discovered a issue I am having with this upgrade. I am getting audio cuts where the audio just stops working and I cannot hear anything at all until it comes back randomly. This is an issue when playing competitive games... Im not sure what it could exactly be, before upgrading I did a DDU with my drivers to uninstall and shut down and then I installed my new card. I tried going to 22.11.1 the optional instead of 22.5.1.

I do have a different setup for my audio that should be aware, I use Voicemeeter Potato and I have my stuff hooked up to a audio interface, Focusrite Scarlett Solo 2nd Gen. So I am on ASIO drivers.

Some games I noticed this issue on is, Valorant, CSGO, Spider-Man Miles Morales, Star Wars Battlefront II. This is all so far, this happens when the game is on Full Screen or Borderless Windowed mode, for example in Valorant the audio cuts out often but once I am on windows it does not happen at all. This doesnt always happen on all games though it is very odd, I played Dead by Daylight in which Fullscreen was set to On and I had no issue.

Does anybody have any similar issue like this that can share some troubleshooting tips or a solution? To be clear this did not happen when I was on my RTX 2060, I wanted to give AMD a try but if I have to deal with this I will have to quickly return this product and purchase a NVIDIA upgrade instead which will suck now as its past black friday and cyber monday 😞

Edit: Should be worth nothing I have 3 monitors 1 is 1440p and the rest are 1080 and using DP and 1 HDMI

Have you tried disabling all audio devices besides the one you want the sound to come out of? I would recommend disabling all sound output devices besides the one you want it to come out of in the sound settings and see if that fixes it. Otherwise it sounds like it could be an issue due to your complicated audio setup and the fact that you are using beta drivers. Which would be another recommendation of mine, DDU your display drivers again and install the stable branch drivers, the Radeon GPUs are well known for their driver issues, especially their beta drivers. 

Main Desktop: CPU - i9-14900k | Mobo - Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite AX DDR4 | GPU - ASUS TUF Gaming OC RTX 4090 RAM - Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 64GB 3600mhz | AIO - H150i Pro XT | PSU - Corsair RM1000X | Case - Phanteks P500A Digital - White | Storage - Samsung 970 Pro M.2 NVME SSD 512GB / Sabrent Rocket 1TB Nvme / Samsung 860 Evo Pro 500GB / Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2tb Nvme / Samsung 870 QVO 4TB  |

TV Streaming PC: Intel Nuc CPU - i7 8th Gen | RAM - 16GB DDR4 2666mhz | Storage - 256GB WD Black M.2 NVME SSD |

Phone: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4 - Phantom Black 512GB |

10 hours ago, SpookyCitrus said:

Have you tried disabling all audio devices besides the one you want the sound to come out of? I would recommend disabling all sound output devices besides the one you want it to come out of in the sound settings and see if that fixes it. Otherwise it sounds like it could be an issue due to your complicated audio setup and the fact that you are using beta drivers. Which would be another recommendation of mine, DDU your display drivers again and install the stable branch drivers, the Radeon GPUs are well known for their driver issues, especially their beta drivers. 

I havent tried that, I thought it was going well today didnt have any problems but found out Siege was also having the issue as well. I can try that and go back to the normal version and test

That doesnt help @SpookyCitrus still having the issue, it seems to happen more on Valorant for some reason still not sure why. I DDU and went to the stable driver and uninstalled anything audio related from AMD and left what I need