Does LTT has a discord server?

SouSkrt

Hello, I would like to know if LTT has a discord server to chat on, I have a lot of questions and I would like to join there and ask the community.

THANKS!

An LTT Discord server does, in fact, exist.

You don't want to use it, trust me. 

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

You can join Discord, if you match the criteria (not public). Link https://discord.gg/ltt

(also seen on right side panel or bottom of the page)

If you have questions, forums are much better. If you have questions for LMG, then forums are still better. Unless you want to get direct answers, in which case only true way is merch messages and WAN Show.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

22 hours ago, Middcore said:

You don't want to use it, trust me. 

+1

It's not a nice place to be, lasted all of a week before I had to bow out.

CPU: Ryzen 5900x | GPU: RTX 3090 FE | MB: MSI X470 Gaming Pro Carbon | RAM: 32gb Ballistix | PSU: Corsair RM750 | Cooler: Sythe Fuma 2 | Case: Phanteks P600s | Storage: 2TB WD Black SN 750 & 1TB Sabrent Rocket | OS: Windows 11 Pro & Linux Mint

Im in it but I couldn't verify my identify so they wouldn't let me into the chats. What is so bad about it? Am I lucky im not in it?

1 hour ago, iNeedy said:

Im in it but I couldn't verify my identify so they wouldn't let me into the chats. What is so bad about it? Am I lucky im not in it?

verify identity?  you have to click a button under the rules

1 hour ago, tkitch said:

verify identity?  you have to click a button under the rules

Not sure when they tried, but I tried after seeing this thread, and after entering the code they texted me, it just started the verification process again. Maybe glitchy right now. I didn't try a second time because I'm at work, but I'll try again later out of curiosity.

1 minute ago, ToboRobot said:

Would be nice to get a IRC channel going.

old social networking is better than the new crap.

IRC is literally the grandfather of Discord.  And Discord made IRC Better.

Just now, Holmes108 said:

Not sure when they tried, but I tried after seeing this thread, and after entering the code they texted me, it just started the verification process again. Maybe glitchy right now. I didn't try a second time because I'm at work, but I'll try again later out of curiousity.

Must be a "new" feature for it.

1 minute ago, Holmes108 said:

Not sure when they tried, but I tried after seeing this thread, and after entering the code they texted me, it just started the verification process again. Maybe glitchy right now. I didn't try a second time because I'm at work, but I'll try again later out of curiousity.

I haven't tried the LTT Discord but I will say I have seen weird things happen trying to join new servers generally the past few weeks.

Corps aren't your friends. "Bottleneck calculators" are BS. Only suckers buy based on brand. It's your PC, do what makes you happy.  If your build meets your needs, you don't need anyone else to "rate" it for you. And talking about being part of a "master race" is cringe. Watch this space for further truths people need to hear.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | ASRock X570 PG Velocita | PowerColor Red Devil RX 6900 XT | 4x8GB Crucial Ballistix 3600mt/s CL16

1 minute ago, Middcore said:

I haven't tried the LTT Discord but I will say I have seen weird things happen trying to join new servers generally the past few weeks.

Same, seems to be a Discord thing.

To OP:

Don't join the LTT server. I'm in it. I have it shoved deep in a folder since I use a few emotes in it, but I'm never active there. The mod team is not great at their jobs (it's common for them to mute the wrong person because they didn't pay attention to the situation at all), it's hard to get any form of assistance, and it's generally a hostile place.

elephants

29 minutes ago, FakeKGB said:

Same, seems to be a Discord thing.

To OP:

Don't join the LTT server. I'm in it. I have it shoved deep in a folder since I use a few emotes in it, but I'm never active there. The mod team is not great at their jobs (it's common for them to mute the wrong person because they didn't pay attention to the situation at all), it's hard to get any form of assistance, and it's generally a hostile place.

To add to that: it may as well not be an "LTT" Discord at all. None of the LTT staff are active on it except very occasionally Jake, at least when I was on it years ago. From what I understand Linus never wanted to have a Discord at all but caved to public demand for one but LTT basically now lets it run independently without any supervision. The biggest connection it has to LTT is kids posting dumb Linus memes.

51 minutes ago, ToboRobot said:

Would be nice to get a IRC channel going.

old social networking is better than the new crap.

IRC wouldn't be any better. Not with the amounts of people that would want to use it. Real-time chats require really active moderation with clear ruleset. I've been on big, 500+ ppl channels in pastimes of IRC. Spam is handled by bots, rest by moderators that are active when they are active. And with that kind of masses, the discussion won't be really good anyway or easy to follow.

50 minutes ago, Holmes108 said:

This sounds like Discord issue than LMG Server. LMG requires you to have 2FA and phone number attached to account and account to be older than 6 months.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

53 minutes ago, tkitch said:

IRC is literally the grandfather of Discord.  And Discord made IRC Better.

Yeah, I've been using IRC since people erroneously called it MIRC constantly as that was the popular client.

I use discord now, but don't think it is better.  Even if it has newer features.

Just trying to judge the community aspect alone.