6900XT ...with 650W?

aDoomGuy
Go to solution Solved by DoctorNick,
4 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

So... apparently my new GPU was shipped with lightspeed mode on and my new PSU was not.聽馃槄

Lets say... would I be able to run my PC with the 6900XT and my current 3 year old Corsair RMx 650? I don't need to game but would be nice to ship off this 2080 to it's new owner and run the PC with the AMD card. I explained to the buyer of my 2080 that I couldn't ship it immidiately so that's fine, but we all know what it's like waiting for that graphics card, right? So yeah, would prefer to get it shipped ASAP.

So, what we think will the specs below blow up the 650W PSU (or trip protections)?

Asus 6900XT Tuf Top (rec:850W)

Ryzen 5 3600x

B550-E Gaming

2x NVMe

2x SATA SSD

1x 7200rpm spinny drive

6x 140mm fans

BeQuiet! Dark Rock 4 (135mm fan?)

I'll be decent for a day or two for light tasks right? 3600x don't use much juice, hmm?

RMX is solid PSU, try it out! Will work fine most likely. If you notice random shutdowns you can just replace it. The rest of the system isn't using much power

So... apparently my new GPU was shipped with lightspeed mode on and my new PSU was not.聽馃槄

Lets say... would I be able to run my PC with the 6900XT and my current 3 year old Corsair RMx 650? I don't need to game but would be nice to ship off this 2080 to it's new owner and run the PC with the AMD card. I explained to the buyer of my 2080 that I couldn't ship it immidiately so that's fine, but we all know what it's like waiting for that graphics card, right? So yeah, would prefer to get it shipped ASAP.

So, what we think will the specs below blow up the 650W PSU (or trip protections)?

Ryzen 5 3600x

B550-E Gaming

2x NVMe

2x SATA SSD

1x 7200rpm spinny drive

6x 140mm fans

I'll be decent for a day or two for light tasks right? 3600x don't use much juice, hmm?

4 minutes ago, aDoomGuy said:

Ryzen 5 3600x

B550-E Gaming

2x NVMe

2x SATA SSD

1x 7200rpm spinny drive

6x 140mm fans

RMX is solid PSU, try it out! Will work fine most likely. If you notice random shutdowns you can just replace it. The rest of the system isn't using much power

CPU: Ryzen 5800X3D |聽Motherboard: Gigabyte B550聽Elite V2 |聽RAM: G.Skill Aegis 2x16gb 3200 @3600mhz |聽PSU:聽EVGA SuperNova聽750 G3 |聽Monitor:聽LG 27GL850-B , Samsung C27HG70 |聽
GPU: Red Devil RX 7900XT |聽Sound: Odac + Fiio E09K |聽Case:聽Fractal Design R6 TG Blackout |Storage:聽MP510聽960gb and 860 Evo 500gb |聽Cooling:聽CPU: Noctua NH-D15 with one fan

FS in Denmark/EU:

Asus Dual GTX 1060 3GB. Used maximum 4 months total. Looks like new. Card never opened. Give me a price.聽

Yes, it should be fine.聽

The idle wattage of this card is low, any demanding tasks might be a bit sketch.

You could always lower the clockspeed and voltage for a while.

I've personally seen 325w sustained during gaming.

My Rig: CPU : 10700K | RAM : Trident Z Neo 3600Mhz c16 32G (4x8) | CPU cooler : NHD15 | GPU : ASUS ProArt 4070 | PSU : Corsair RM850 (black label) | CASE : Corsair 5000D Airflow | Storage : Samsung 970 evo 1TB, WD Black 1TB, Samsung evo 850 Sata SSD | Casefans : Lian Li Unifan SL120 7X|

MOUSE : G Pro Wireless X superlight | Keyboard : Keychron C1- Pro-H1 Gateron Milky Reds

3 minutes ago, DoctorNick said:

Thanks doc. I got a RMx 850 on the way but I got it from another store on Black Week discount. Was ordered two days before the card so I didn't think the card would be the first to arrive.

4 minutes ago, Alinz said:

Yes, it should be fine.聽

The idle wattage of this card is low, any demanding tasks might be a bit sketch.

You could always lower the clockspeed and voltage for a while.

I've personally seen 325w sustained during gaming.

Thanks, sounds good. I can probably ship the dude the 2080 today or tomorrow then. Awesome.聽馃槂