Thoughts on Bill Me Later service?

trama09

What are your thoughts and experiences with the Bill Me Later services on Newegg?

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

If you can't afford it don't buy it.

Mmmm too helpful. 

CPU Intel Core i7-4790K Motherboard ASUS Saberthooth Z97 Mark1 RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB @ 2133MHZ GPU 2 X MSI GeForce GTX GTX 980TI GAMING 6G SLI Case Phantex Enthoo Evolv ATX Storage Samsung 840 Pro Series 256GB / Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB PSU Corsair RM1000i Display Asus 4K PB287Q Cooling Noctua NF-A14 FLX & NF-F12 PWM /Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate 360mm Keyboard Corsair K70 Mouse ROCCAT Kone XTD Sound Card Asus Xonar STX

Its fine as long as you know youll have enough to pay x amount a month or pay it off before the time is up. Also if yo udont pay it off the interest in 20% of the original total.

Its fine as long as you know youll have enough to pay x amount a month or pay it off before the time is up. Also if yo udont pay it off the interest in 20% of the original total.

That's what I figured. I read through all the fine print and wanted to make sure there were no surprises. Do you know if there's is an initial fee or anything like that? Or do I have to pay X amount a month or can I pay $0 one month, and 1/3 of the total (2 out of 6 months) the following month?

That's what I figured. I read through all the fine print and wanted to make sure there were no surprises. Do you know if there's is an initial fee or anything like that? Or do I have to pay X amount a month or can I pay $0 one month, and 1/3 of the total (2 out of 6 months) the following month?

no initial fee and no monthly minimum just make sure you pay it off before the financing it up so yo udont get socked with that 20% interest. I would pay per month if you can and play to pay it off a month before its due just to give you a bit of leeway.

no initial fee and no monthly minimum just make sure you pay it off before the financing it up so yo udont get socked with that 20% interest. I would pay per month if you can and play to pay it off a month before its due just to give you a bit of leeway.

Awesome! Thank you so much! 

Do a quick search, the overwhelming majority of feedback from people who used the service say to steer clear. From shady business practices to damaging your credit..I wouldn't risk the nightmare. If you want something, get the money for it. Plain and simple. Save up if you must.

http://www.consumeraffairs.com/credit_cards/bill_me_later.html

Do yourself a favor and don't sign up to this.

Do a quick search, the overwhelming majority of feedback from people who used the service say to steer clear. From shady business practices to damaging your credit..I wouldn't risk the nightmare. If you want something, get the money for it. Plain and simple. Save up if you must.

I saw that. And I also saw this: http://forums.evga.com/tm.aspx?m=804484

I plan to pay it off in less than 3 months, so I can't imagine any problems arising. I know people will say to just wait 3 months and to save up. But I kinda need it now.... Not because I am inpatient, but for business (and personal) reasons.

I've used it a bunch of times, the only thing you should know is that the only way to pay back a bill me later bill is by connecting your bank account to it. you cant pay back using a credit/debit card.

RIG:|Corsair Obsidion 650d|MSI Mpower Z87| i7-4770k (4Ghz)|Corsair H100 cooler|16Gb corsair dominator platinum 1866Mhz|  EVGA GTX 780 classified (runs at 1240Mhz)| 1200W pc power and cooling silencer mkIII PSU|recon sound blaster champion series| 1Tb WD black| 256Gb Samsung 840 pro| Monitors:| Samsung px2370| ASUS VG248QE| X-star 27" 2560x1440 korean monitor (runs at 100Hz)| other stuff:| Razer black widow ultimate| Razer mamba 2013 edition| Razer Vespula mousepad| Klipsch X10i| Ultrasone Pro750| Harmon/Kardon sound sticks 2| 

I've used it a bunch of times, the only thing you should know is that the only way to pay back a bill me later bill is by connecting your bank account to it. you cant pay back using a credit/debit card.

That makes no sense what-so-ever. Debit cards are bank cards to get /your/ money out of /your/ checking account. I don't even..I can not fathom how this makes logical sense. You have to connect your bank account, but you can't use your money from your bank account...wat. Unless it's set up to take money out of your checkings account directly without you using your debit card, but then that seems shady to take money out of your account instead of you paying off manually.

idk about shady business practices but ive used it before and never encountered anythin that wasnt my fault. and yes it would damage your credit anytime you finance something and fail to pay it off. Sometime you need or want something now and have a steady flow of income. I see no reason not to use it as long as you pay it off before it finishes and you gain all that interest.

It's owned by PayPal.

correct

That makes no sense what-so-ever. Debit cards are bank cards to get /your/ money out of /your/ checking account. I don't even..I can not fathom how this makes logical sense. You have to connect your bank account, but you can't use your money from your bank account...wat. Unless it's set up to take money out of your checkings account directly without you using your debit card, but then that seems shady to take money out of your account instead of you paying off manually.

you can also pay with paypal if you want but yes what would you pay credit using credit and though depit card are linked directly to your bank they are still treated as credit cards but without any of the real safty of "credit". @Mooshi you still pay manulally it just pulls directly from you checking or savings prior to digital banking you would have sent in a check via mail. i would consider this method better.