HP Omen 15-dc0025nf GTX 1070 max-q limit performance

Hello guys ! This post is following this one resolved : 

So am playing GTA V actually to tweak some configuration and see the evolution of my perfs (All i'm witing here, is in the order of my tweaks, and benchs pictures is respectively the order of my comment)

i put GTA in Full Low Quality, still in 2K, and my first picture attached show the perfs. As you can see i've got like 1500MHz used, with a lil bit more than 0.800V in average for 35% usage generally. I just drop it like thius, in 3620x2036 DSR, nothing changes in terms of FPS (may be around 2 FPS less but it's almost like an error margin)

Then i will just put maximum quality in the ones making me restart the game (I forgot i was in DST 3620x2036, so i changed for 2K, i gained 6Fps, but nothing changes in terme of perfs), :

- Textures

- Shaders

- Particles

- Grass

This time, i have just a lil bit lower FPS, but nothing awful ahah, and the power consumption of my card is low, and the frequency as before is really high (voltage too)

Now, i'm gonna tweak the settings to maximum of :

- Shadow

- Reflection

- MSAA Reflection

- Water Quality

So i have some loss FPS, exactly the same, as if i putted the DSR Resolution, and i have a bit lowerage Frequency, for a higher Watt usage

I will now put to the maximum the FXAA and see that i have like 4 FPS loss, and again lose frequency dropping from 1544 to 1430MHz, and voltage from beyond 800mV to 780mV

If i put MSAA + TXAA, i'm now in a range of 1266MHz and 1316MHz generally and a voltage of 731mV for around 74 and 82W of usage

Then i will use the settings i didn't upgraded and stop MSAA + TXAA + FXAA :

- Post FX + Motion Blur Strenght

And i'm in a range of 1367MHz up to 1481MHz, and a voltage between 762mV to 800mV

If i put together MSAA + TXAA + FXAA :

Average to 56 Fps, in a range of 1291MHz, 80W, and 731mV

Now i disable again MSAA TXAA and FXAA, then up to the maximum quality :

- Soft Shadow Nvidia PCSS
- Anisotropic Filtering

- Ambient Occlusion

- Tessellation

And my average MHz is 1315MHz, with 750mV, at 80W

Now finally i will put max MSAA TXAA and FXAA and see final frequency, wattage, voltage :

And i'm at the same results than before

So, putting MSAA TXAA and FXAA downvolt and down frequency

Putting Soft Shadow, anisotropic etc.. Downvolt and down frequency too

But Putting these two together doesn't double lower the Volt and Frequency, this is absolutely physically not logical, if i can't catch and rise a weight of 100Kg, but i can do it with 50Kg, if i put 50Kg + 50Kg, i should not have the strenght to rise it, cause it is accumulation of weight making 100Kg...

The last bench screen is with maximum advanced settings adding more quality to shadow, plus more quality in the range of view with shadows, so it should destroy performances, but not really that much...

PS: i didn't do any tweak with In Game Scaling Resolution.

EDIT : i add the bar of VRAM Used In Game with full maximum Settings, at 2K with Scaling Resolution.

MSI Afterburner Base Curve Frequence_Voltage.jpg

GTA V Full Low 2K.jpg

GTA V Full Restart Tweaks 2K.jpg

GTA V max 1st processing Tweaks 2K.jpg

GTA V PostFX 2K.jpg

GTA V FXAA 2K.jpg

GTA V FXAA + MSAA + TXAA 2K.jpg

GTA V MSAA TXAA FXAA PostFX 2K.jpg

GTA V Full max no advanced 2K.jpg

GTA V 2K VRAM 2K.jpg

GTA V 2K VRAM Scaling Resolution.jpg