RTX 3060 Ti underperforming

therealYHN

Hello guys,

I recently upgraded from GTX 1080 to RTX 3060 Ti, but my frames in Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 are almost the same.

Ultra settings preset or Minimum preset, its identical FPS even with DLSS on, drops in low 80 in Warzone 2. CPU & GPU Utillization is around 70-80% when playing.

I saw couple of benchmarks on youtube on CoDMW2 and Warzone2, FPS should be higher with my specs.

I want to know what is holding GPU down. 

Specs:

Motherboard: H310M-K R2.0

GPU: Gigabyte 3fan RTX 3060 Ti

CPU: i7-9700k

RAM: Crucial 1x16GB 2666Mhz

Thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I have a similar problem in Warzone 2. I get a good amount of fps but my fps are rather instable and they suddenly drop ~100-120 to ~80-90 for a good 3 seconds then increase again. This will continue throughout the game and is very noticable on my 144hz monitor. My best guess so far is that since my GPU is build to sent PCIE 4.0 and my motherboard is PCIE 3.0, since Warzone 2 is a rather GPU intensive game (i play on high settings), the PCIE 3.0 is running at the maximum data of 8.0 GT/s whilst playing so when my CPU needs to complete some exercise (whatever it may be-idk) it has to utilise the PCIE and turn down my GPU's output to do so which then reduces my fps temporarily. When that happens my CPU time also increases from ~8ms to >11ms. (PCIE 3.0 is running at a max. of 8 GT/s while PCIE 4.0 is running on 16 GT/s)

Specs:

Motherboard: msi pro h410m-b (has PCIE 3.0)

GPU: KFA2 rtx 3060 12gb (has PCIE 4.0)

CPU: i7-10700f

RAM: 2x 16GB

Hope that helps but correct me if im wrong Im not 100% sure about this