HEVC codec to process .mov videos in Premiere Pro

Bombama
Go to solution Solved by Bombama,

Solution is to switch to Davinci Resolve because it works. But it is inconvenient to use - too much oriented to features I don't use.

Hi. I wanted to process the iphone videos in Premiere Pro but turns out it doesn't support the format. It doesn't tell any errors but it just doesn't play back the videos, it glitches.

How do people work with iphone videos in Premiere without re-coding the videos in another format?

I installed HEVC codec "from hardware provider" from the MS Store by the code:

ms-windows-store://pdp/?ProductId=9n4wgh0z6vhq

It seems to work, because the video plays back properly in MPC-HC (from K-Lite pack), unlike before when it was glitchy.

But in Premiere it now says "media processing", wait.

image.png.873d6ae9f4f4c2e33dcae402312306f9.png

How can I solve this and work with .mov from Iphone with Premiere Pro?

Hardware: R7-5800HS, RTX3050.

I've also experience that thing. I just turned the playback resolution to 1/8 and it seems to help a bit to smoothen the playback. Also I noticed one thing when you export it you have to select match source otherwise the result will be blank

2 hours ago, AnewUser3021 said:

I've also experience that thing. I just turned the playback resolution to 1/8 and it seems to help a bit to smoothen the playback. Also I noticed one thing when you export it you have to select match source otherwise the result will be blank

Thank you. I tried it and it works. Also tried to play it at 1:1 and it works, but sometimes it stutters so I'm using 1/4 or 1/8. In preview window it looks like garbage anyway, I don't know why.

I've noticed that Premiere doesn't use HW acceleration even though it is enabled in settings. It renders everything on CPU and uses around 30% of CPU.

Is there a way to solve this? It only utilizes GPU when I'm exporting, but now when I'm scrolling through the video and applying effects.

Result is garbage. Color doesn't match what I set and resolution for some reason upscaled from preview window. Source: 4K, output: 480p upscaled to 4K.

Solution is to switch to Davinci Resolve because it works. But it is inconvenient to use - too much oriented to features I don't use.

On 11/22/2022 at 7:34 AM, Bombama said:

but turns out it doesn't support the format

It does if you aren't pirating.

You're not getting the codec support because you're not logged into Creative Cloud. Easy solution would be to pay for the software you use. Not to mention that cracked software is an enormous security issue.

MacBook Pro 16 i9-9980HK - Radeon Pro 5500m 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 2TB NVME

iPhone 12 Mini / Sony WH-1000XM4 / Bose Companion 20