Two Instances of Call of Duty cannot play at the same time

Hello,

So I am having trouble getting two PC's playing Call Of Duty at the same time. I have heard others chalk this issue up to bad network design on the game side and I honestly believe them because I have no issues with any other game ever. What happens is that one machine is perfectly able to connect to online services, then if a second machine tries to connect they are greeted with an error saying they are not able to connect to online services.  I have a current workaround that I just use a VPN on the second machine that connects but that is getting frustrating because at this point I have 4 machines playing COD and only one of them is able to connect without a VPN. I am running the most up to date version of OPNsense and updates have not solved this problem. 

Thanks!

are you using VMS? or is this two completely different systems. VMs tend to be awful and i would not recommend them for gaming, as the anti-cheats tend to make them not work. Some games dont have them so youll be fine, but the online ones like COD tend to have some sort of limitation for them.

Generally speaking its probably coming down to the machines on the network potentially having some conflicts. Are you making sure that their IPS and such arent conflicting?

4 minutes ago, Shimejii said:

are you using VMS? or is this two completely different systems. VMs tend to be awful and i would not recommend them for gaming, as the anti-cheats tend to make them not work. Some games dont have them so youll be fine, but the online ones like COD tend to have some sort of limitation for them.

Generally speaking its probably coming down to the machines on the network potentially having some conflicts. Are you making sure that their IPS and such arent conflicting?

So the machines that I am gaming on are all separate physical machines. I have static IP's assigned to all of them as well as aliases set up to make port forwarding to the gaming rigs simpler.

On 11/18/2022 at 3:13 AM, RushRecon said:

. I have static IP's assigned to all of them as well as aliases set up to make port forwarding to the gaming rigs simpler.

ok i have no idea if that helps, but have you tried not doing that?

just use automatic ip and automatic port forwarding (i think its called plug and play or something on my router)?

otherwise this sounds very much like a anti cheat thing,  as in you cannot play several instances from the same physical adress, hence vpn fixes it.

The direction tells you... the direction

-Scott Manley, 2021

Softwares used:

Corsair Link (Anime Edition) 

MSI Afterburner 

OpenRGB

Lively Wallpaper 

OBS Studio

Shutter Encoder

Avidemux

FSResizer

Audacity