crazy laptop liquid cooling

Corporal_Canada

i have a msi gf65 10ue thin.... dont care about the cpu getting hot ....... the gpu is a nvidia 3060 and reaches 85 to 95C when i play eve online on 2 monitors, is there a way to jerry rig a liquid cooler somehow ? (im not opposed to using zipties at this point lol) ...please link me the one that is the closest size please .... this is why im a Radeon fanboy

I mean I'd honestly just use the 200$+ you are gonna spend on it and combine that with selling the laptop to get a different one that doesn't overheat.

The msi thin ones always overheat it's a feature.

18 minutes ago, jaslion said:

I mean I'd honestly just use the 200$+ you are gonna spend on it and combine that with selling the laptop to get a different one that doesn't overheat.

The msi thin ones always overheat it's a feature.

LMAO

Have you tried undervolting both the cpu and gpu? Their coolers are connected so reducing cpu heat can also help lower gpu temps. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

9 hours ago, WoodenMarker said:

Have you tried undervolting both the cpu and gpu? Their coolers are connected so reducing cpu heat can also help lower gpu temps. 

is there a tutorial on how to do that ?

9 hours ago, Corporal_Canada said:

is there a tutorial on how to do that ?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

It's a GF65 which has terrible cooling, nothing will help unfortunately.

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

ok, installed msi afterburner, ill figure it out from here

i understand that the GF65 is shit at cooling but i might as well try all venues