I want to learn some basic dance moves, shuffles etc.

centurion_08

I'm 35, i woke up and just like that i told myself imma learn to shuffle. I'm about 14h in and i can't grasp the concept of moving my legs. It's not the fact that i can't "do it" yet but it feels like my stupid head isn't connected to my legs.

I'm stiff below the waist and for some unknown reason i'm forcefully trying to "calculate" the most basic shuffle instead of doing it. I know i prolly sound ignorant but really trying and i need help. How can i make my legs listen to me.

Gosh darn it, it's fucking annoying.

I hope somebody understand what i'm talking about.

2 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

I'm 35, i woke up and just like that i told myself imma learn to shuffle. I'm about 14h in and i can't grasp the concept of moving my legs. It's not the fact that i can't "do it" yet but it feels like my stupid head isn't connected to my legs.

I'm stiff below the waist and for some unknown reason i'm forcefully trying to "calculate" the most basic shuffle instead of doing it. I know i prolly sound ignorant but really trying and i need help. How can i make my legs listen to me.

Probably much better people to listen to on this one, but it's a time and effort thing, imo.

Do a lot of stretching (maybe yoga?) to limber up and then just keep practicing certain movements etc. Your body has probably abstained from certain movements (and probably neglected some muscle groups) since you were a kid, so it will take a bit of work to get that kind of balance and range of motion back.

Summary: Keep at it, 14 hours is too little to be beating yourself up over it. If this is a daily thing, I'd assume you'll see improvement in a few weeks to a month, while improving general aspects of your bodily function/movement in the process.

Parasoshill

adjective

• A person whose parasocial relationship with a social media influencer or content creator has driven them to promote or blindly defend them, acting as a shill for their benefit.

14 minutes ago, WildDagwood said:

Probably much better people to listen to on this one, but it's a time and effort thing, imo.

Do a lot of stretching (maybe yoga?) to limber up and then just keep practicing certain movements etc. Your body has probably abstained from certain movements (and probably neglected some muscle groups) since you were a kid, so it will take a bit of work to get that kind of balance and range of motion back.

Summary: Keep at it, 14 hours is too little to be beating yourself up over it. If this is a daily thing, I'd assume you'll see improvement in a few weeks to a month, while improving general aspects of your bodily function/movement in the process.

pretty much this, you're going to feel stiff and unflexible because you probably don't use them in these sort of motions on a regular basis

honestly i would just say have fun with it at first for a month, just dance for fun n goofs while you're around the house doing other stuff, even if it's uncoordinated and outta beat, it'll make it a lot easier when you want to learn some actual moves 🙂

5 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

I learned to dance one way ...

Hella alcohol, being far away from the people I know, being in a club saying f it... Everyone else I came here with is dancing. 

5 hours ago, centurion_08 said:

If you want to learn specific dances, take classes. 

Try watching kpop dance practice videos

There is more that meets the eye
I see the soul that is inside

On 11/17/2022 at 12:28 AM, centurion_08 said:

IMHO, start by doing simpler things. Yoga, or just simple stretching, waist down.
Or simply just have a footloose moment, wihout using any particular dance moves.

Fluidity comes after you're doing it awhile.
I mean, heck, we started typing on keyboard looking like a dork, after awhile we find ways to move our fingers and hand more efficiently, consciously or unconsciously.
After that it becomes pretty much memorized by our brain and body.

Same thing with dribbling basketball / soccer / walking / drinking /  etc
Don't expect your body to move like you want with high fluidity & snappyness right off the bat if you are doing something that you are not used to do.

There is approximately 99% chance I edited my post

Refresh before you reply

ENGLISH IS NOT MY NATIVE LANGUAGE, NOT EVEN 2ND LANGUAGE. PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR ANY CONFUSION AND/OR MISUNDERSTANDING THAT MAY HAPPEN BECAUSE OF IT.

On 11/16/2022 at 12:28 PM, centurion_08 said:

If you actually want to learn how to dance, you need to take lessons in person with someone who knows what they are doing.

That could just be a friend who's a good dancer, but ideally you'd want to reach out to a local dance studio where they're experts in helping others develop the skills and motor controls needed.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)