PC restarts while installing a game in SSD.

Go to solution Solved by SkilledRebuilds,

Your CPU likely goes to 100% more often using the SSD because more can be done in shorter time.
With a HDD, there is a bottleneck to then be waiting to then be not as busy to then be not as demanding.

De-Compression used in Fitgirl repacks can be super cpu intensive using all cores, it also uses a decent chunk of sys-memory so overclocked ram can also error out the process. You can be unstable with an overclock that's applied, or your cooling doesn't suffice your CPU (Firgirl Repack 100% CPU loads) and you reach TJMAX on the CPU (100-105*c) maybe....

Monitor your system with HWINFO while you are unpacking it (before it reboots) to try to investigate the heavy loads and what's affecting your setup.. be it temps/power or instability.

Hello everyone!
While installing a game in my SSD my computer restarts but when i install a game in HDD it works fine...
can anyone explain me why is this happening???
I am installing a game through Fitgirl Repacks.

Your CPU likely goes to 100% more often using the SSD because more can be done in shorter time.
With a HDD, there is a bottleneck to then be waiting to then be not as busy to then be not as demanding.

De-Compression used in Fitgirl repacks can be super cpu intensive using all cores, it also uses a decent chunk of sys-memory so overclocked ram can also error out the process. You can be unstable with an overclock that's applied, or your cooling doesn't suffice your CPU (Firgirl Repack 100% CPU loads) and you reach TJMAX on the CPU (100-105*c) maybe....

Monitor your system with HWINFO while you are unpacking it (before it reboots) to try to investigate the heavy loads and what's affecting your setup.. be it temps/power or instability.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

• 2 weeks later...