Upgrade advice needed (from 3900x and RTX2070s)

crotach

Hi folks,

I'm running a Ryzen 3900x system on X470 Crosshair Hero VII board with 32GB RAM (Trident Z Neo) and a RTX 2070 super, watercooled with a single loop by a Thermochill 140x3 radiator.

Looking at upgrades, I can get pretty good deals on past generation hardware, or spend more and go with latest generation.

Right now I'm considering a 5800x3d and 6900xt as an upgrade, keeping the rest of my system. I have a second radiator (240) in case the heat output is too much, but I found it wasn't necessary with this system and took it out.

Would you advise waiting for 7900 and going for either latest generation (AMD or Intel, doesnt matter), or extending the life of this platform with 5800x3d + 6900xt?

Budget (including currency): 1500 euro

Games, programs or workloads that it will be used for: Photoshop, Lightroom, Civ6, HotS

Other details (existing parts lists, whether any peripherals are needed, what you're upgrading from, when you're going to buy, what resolution and refresh rate you want to play at, etc):

I play at 3440x1440 (ultrawide) resolution, 144Hz. Some future proofing would be nice. Case is Silverstone TJ-07, with 140x3 rad in the bottom, 850W power supply (Seasonic Prime). Room for two more 120x2 radiators in the case, one top and one front. EKWB monoblock for the CPU+motherboard, and iChill Frostbite GPU. Moving to a new platform would require new watercooling parts which can be very expensive.

Thanks!

personally I would wait for the 7900 reviews to come out, and if they are positive (and budget allows) would upgrade to it and 5800x3d. if they are too expensive to afford both I would still go with GPU as you will see best performance upgrade.