Best headphones for Xbox

Kasenumi

Hi everyone

So yesterday I bought Xbox series X and connected it with my 55' TV. This is my first experience with a gaming console, I have always been using a PC/laptop for gaming.

Playing on PC I use Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones, which are wired studio open back over ear headphones, it's not a headset, I don't use mic in online games/ usually play solo. 

On Xbox website in accessories section I have found 2 nice pair of headphones, one of which I think I should have to play wirelessly at night:

1) Portal Bang & Olufsen Beoplay

2) Xbox Wireless headset

Which one of these would you recommend? Did you have an opportunity to listen to both of them and compare them personally? 

Maybe there is another pair of headphones for Xbox which you consider even a better option?

My purpose is to enjoy sound, feel it, not just hear/listen to environment or music.

Thank you for your time and answers 🙂

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

I had thought you can just plug in most headphones into the controller and it would just work with the Xbox Series x and s. Have you tried using your existing headphones that way?

15 hours ago, Kasenumi said:

Hi everyone

So yesterday I bought Xbox series X and connected it with my 55' TV. This is my first experience with a gaming console, I have always been using a PC/laptop for gaming.

Playing on PC I use Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro headphones, which are wired studio open back over ear headphones, it's not a headset, I don't use mic in online games/ usually play solo. 

On Xbox website in accessories section I have found 2 nice pair of headphones, one of which I think I should have to play wirelessly at night:

1) Portal Bang & Olufsen Beoplay

2) Xbox Wireless headset

Which one of these would you recommend? Did you have an opportunity to listen to both of them and compare them personally? 

Maybe there is another pair of headphones for Xbox which you consider even a better option?

My purpose is to enjoy sound, feel it, not just hear/listen to environment or music.

Thank you for your time and answers 🙂

Why do you have to use wireless headphones when you can just plug your existing headphones into the controller/console?

If you want new headphones, whats your budget?

1 hour ago, person123456789 said:

Why do you have to use wireless headphones when you can just plug your existing headphones into the controller/console?

If you want new headphones, whats your budget?

Playing on Xbox I sit 3m away from tv. Wireless pad and headphones are just more comfortable. I could use cable extenders but I rather buy something extra and use Beyerdynamic only with PC/AMP/DAC.

Price: just about the price of my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro would be nice. 

Case: Fractal Design Torrent;
GPU: MSI GeForce RTX 2080 GAMING X TRIO 8GB;
RAM: G.Skill Flare X, DDR4, 16 GB,3200MHz, CL14;
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X, 
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH D15;
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-AB350-GAMING 3;
PSU: be quiet! 700W PURE POWER 11CM 80+Gold;
SSD 1: SanDisk Extreme PRO 500GB PCIe x4 NVMe;
SSD 2: PLEXTOR PX-1TM9PeY 1TB SSD

3 hours ago, Kasenumi said:

Playing on Xbox I sit 3m away from tv. Wireless pad and headphones are just more comfortable. I could use cable extenders but I rather buy something extra and use Beyerdynamic only with PC/AMP/DAC.

Price: just about the price of my Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro would be nice. 

If you go wireless, it's either going to sound worse or have worse latency than your DT1990 Pros