External controllers like Aquaero 6 etc.

Hello,

I'm wondering about the usefullness of watercooling controller these days, like Aquaero.

Many mainboards have pump and fan connectors and I wonder if the watercooling controllers are usefull at all.

Intel NUC 13 | i3 1315U2x 8GB 3600/CL16

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

AUNE X8 Magic DAC + SS3602

AUNE X7s PRO Class-A | Sennheiser HD58X

Schiit Rekkr ELAC BS243.3

12 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

Hello,

I'm wondering about the usefullness of watercooling controller these days, like Aquaero.

Many mainboards have pump and fan connectors and I wonder if the watercooling controllers are usefull at all.

The main advantage of them is temperature sensor headers if you have a board that does not have the ability to read a 2-pin header. But otherwise, yes, my opinion is that they do not have a place in modern watercooling. They are expensive, OS-specific, and do not offer a significant expanded functionality range.

the Aquaero lt use to be cheap like i seen it about $65 can at times but i think its like 100+ now. also no other cables going form the mb only usb witch some people like. has rgb control as well and pump, fans, and temp.  and can have many sensors on it. temp, flow, presher, fill level, and other stuff for leak detetion / fan stops and what not. thow comes at a cost...

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

also i edit post alot because you no why...

Thrasher_565 hub links build logs

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5v device to 12v mb header

Odds and Sods Argb Rgb Links

I plan to run 1 D5 Pump, 2 temp sensors and a flow sensor. Do i need a Aquaero 6 LT for that or are there some cheaper alternatives with more functions, like better fan curves etc.

AMD 7950x3d | Sapphire 7800XT Nitro | 2x 16GB Corsair Vengeance 5600Mhz CL36 1R | MSI B650-P Pro Wifi | Custom Loop

32 minutes ago, BotDamian said:

I plan to run 1 D5 Pump, 2 temp sensors and a flow sensor. Do i need a Aquaero 6 LT for that or are there some cheaper alternatives with more functions, like better fan curves etc.

there nothing els that monitors thow things so ya you need it. you can get flow metors that have an oled screen that says the flow and you can get pwm flow meetoers that hook to a fan header and just says what rpm the flow is at so then you have to convert it i guess... there are other controllers that can do temp sensors thow

they may have made the flow sesors usb so it might not need the Aquaero but i dont no..

I have dyslexia plz be kind to me. dont like my post dont read it or respond thx

Corsair Lian Li Bykski Barrow thermaltake nzxt aquacomputer 5v argb pin out guide + argb info

5 hours ago, BotDamian said:

i'm using aquacomputer quadro & highflow2 for those, 1 temp sensor is sufficient for me (coolant temp doesn't fluctuate a lot)

i use splitters for each fan header on my quadro

iirc aquaero can do voltage control for fans, while new ones only do pwm for fans (octo / quadro)

TBH if your mobo already has 2pin temp sensor header, you don't need aquacomputer (provided it can control fan rpm using coolant temp as source)

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini

15 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

i'm using aquacomputer quadro & highflow2 for those, 1 temp sensor is sufficient for me (coolant temp doesn't fluctuate a lot)

i use splitters for each fan header on my quadro

iirc aquaero can do voltage control for fans, while new ones only do pwm for fans (octo / quadro)

TBH if your mobo already has 2pin temp sensor header, you don't need aquacomputer (provided it can control fan rpm using coolant temp as source)

I have a MSI Pro B650-P Wifi mainboard.

I looked at the Quadro and from what I see it seems to be pretty good actually. Is it like the 6 LT except less connectors?
I have 1 pump, 4x120mm fans, 1-2 temp sensors and a 1x flow sensor.

From what I saw it will be possible to connect them all right? Does the Pump need to be PWM too on the Quadro?

seems like yer mobo doesn't have 2pin temp sensor header

yup you can connect your temp sensor, pump & fan to quadro unit

i have my 2 360 rad fans connected via splitter, top rad fans to header1 & side rad fans to header3

my aquasuite setup here: https://imgur.com/a/N9TA4fg

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

the aquaero is good for hi power fans and 3 pin well the qudro has pwm and argb. there is also a power adjust thing that i guess has even more power for fans or pump speed.

but the aquaero is old and the qudro is new.

21 hours ago, fonzz1e said:

seems like yer mobo doesn't have 2pin temp sensor header

yup you can connect your temp sensor, pump & fan to quadro unit

i have my 2 360 rad fans connected via splitter, top rad fans to header1 & side rad fans to header3

my aquasuite setup here: https://imgur.com/a/N9TA4fg

This is awesome thanks!

The playground section where you have some "nodes" showing, are you doing some logic in there? Like for example if I make the fan RPM dependant on the CPU temp and I'm gaming then the CPU temp is basically 40°C and the GPU can go up 80°C and the fans won't spin faster or the other way around... so is there a logic for the fans like

max(CPUtemp|GPUtemp)

So the fan speed would be based on the speed of the highest temp CPU or GPU.

1 hour ago, BotDamian said:
max(CPUtemp|GPUtemp)

the reason i don't do that is i dual boot my pc, on linux it doesn't work with virtual sensors (its a windows service)

using coolant temp is good for average, just grab any 2pin coolant temp sensor plug (amazon link)

OR just tape temp sensor (it comes with quadro/octo) to rad

1. you can do that, just create virtual software sensor in aquasuite playground

image.png.db782abf75a1dd97ff4f7f695185558e.png

2. then on quadro/octo sensor page select as source for soft sensor

image.png.c4865ad58c3c7c11a989da33e0e21428.png

3. in octo/quadro fans page, select as source

image.png.be6a7b29040dac7800511c89c8cd5aa2.png