What is Windows 10 Doing Here?

YellowJersey
Go to solution Solved by xAcid9,

Reading the metadata i guess. Set your folder as general instead of media if you hate it. 

I like to view my windows icons in "details" form, but I often find some mysterious green bar going across the top of the window. What is it doing? Why does this happen? I find it very disruptive when I'm sorting through files. In the folder I was organising here, I was renaming music files and the green bar would start up every few minutes. What is it?

screenshot.png

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy

That bar is just showing you the status of the directory on the drive.  Every time you change a file name, move a file, or copy it from one place to another, it has to update the directory and that is what it is doing.  As long as you continue to update the files, then the directory has to update too.

Good Luck.

Reading the metadata i guess. Set your folder as general instead of media if you hate it. 

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

10 hours ago, xAcid9 said:

I will try that. Thanks!

System Specs: Second-class potato, slightly mouldy