Watrer vs Air cooling

Greetings people.

I am building a pc using AMD componets. AMD FX 8350 4.0Ghz BE SkAM3+ and  Asus HD7950 3GB DirectCU II.

My questions stands for this:

what is the best system for cooling it? CPU more then GPU. watter or air cooling? pros and cons?

thanks for the time and you welcome to post names or links for the products

AiO WC = you might have an defected unit : pump noise (which is pretty common) and its not that cheap

Air Cooling = you will need good fans in order to have silent and cool cpu (that doesn't count noctua's solutions)

i can recommend Noctua NH-D14 that comes with nice fans and it has soo much cooling potential 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

amd are known for being a little hotter than amd so get a prefilled watercooler that fits your socket and what fits in your case, http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835146027

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

personally i like water coolers on my cpu.. things like the corsair h110i and h110 or the swiftech h220 are fantastic, easy to mount and typically nice and quiet with good temps

H100i is a very good choice, I have a FX8320 OC to 4.4 and max temp is 45 degrees celcius.

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

Personally, depends on how hardcore of a overclock are you going. 

I think you can overclock it to a little over 4Ghz with just stock cooling but it will run abit hard. ( double check with others)

If you are doing a moderate overclock, pretty sure a CM hyper 212+ evo with some nicer silent fans if you an audio freak will do just as well.

If you want like a hardcore overclock then the All in one liquid cooling solutions are great, but I only like the 240mm Rad ones any of the single 140mm stuff is a piece of a sh*t and I would much rather spend my money on like a Noctua DH14 or Evo as they are way better bang for the buck when it comes to performance for the price.

The main thing I find people go over board is that they always try for lower the better, so like 50C on load, but I wouldn't worry if my CPU is at 75C at load and would you pay an extra 80 dollars to drop it the 25C is your choice type of thing. If it was 90C I would be concerned.

Any custom water loop options I only recommend if you plan to have other things in the loop like GPUs. Else then its not really necessary unless you want the cool/ clean look.

I'm an 8350 user and I highly recommend that you buy an AiO cooling loop or do a custom loop yourself. Both have their pros and cons respectively but will be a better option than air cooling for this particular chip.

Desert Storm PC | Corsair 600T | ASUS Sabertooth 990FX AM3+ | AMD FX-8350 | MSI 7950 TFIII | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 | Seasonic X650W I Samsung 840 series 500GB SSD

Mobile Devices I ASUS Zenbook UX31E I Nexus 7 (2013) I Nexus 5 32GB (red)

Personally, depends on how hardcore of a overclock are you going. 

I think you can overclock it to a little over 4Ghz with just stock cooling but it will run abit hard. ( double check with others)

If you are doing a moderate overclock, pretty sure a CM hyper 212+ evo with some nicer silent fans if you an audio freak will do just as well.

If you want like a hardcore overclock then the All in one liquid cooling solutions are great, but I only like the 240mm Rad ones any of the single 140mm stuff is a piece of a sh*t and I would much rather spend my money on like a Noctua DH14 or Evo as they are way better bang for the buck when it comes to performance for the price.

The main thing I find people go over board is that they always try for lower the better, so like 50C on load, but I wouldn't worry if my CPU is at 75C at load and would you pay an extra 80 dollars to drop it the 25C is your choice type of thing. If it was 90C I would be concerned.

Any custom water loop options I only recommend if you plan to have other things in the loop like GPUs. Else then its not really necessary unless you want the cool/ clean look.

You should definitivly be worried if an AMD CPU goes over 62 celcius on the highest possible load. 90 will basically kill the chip

Mobo: Asus Maximus Impact VI Processor: Intel 4690K @ 4.4Ghz 1.22Vlts Memory: 2x8 GB DDR3 1866Mhz GSkill Sniper

VGA: Sapphire HD 7970 3GB OC Audio: Asus Impact Supreme FX SSD: Mushkin Chronos 120GB HDD: WD Black 500GB

Power Supply: Coolermaster V650 Semi Modular Case: Bitfenix Prodigy Cooling: Corsair H100i

I have the Noctua NH-D14 myself. The thing's awesome.

Just don't drop it on your bare toe.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

H100i is a very good choice, I have a FX8320 OC to 4.4 and max temp is 45 degrees celcius.

Broken temperature censers are pretty common on AMD chips.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Broken temperature censers are pretty common on AMD chips.

You think my temp censor might be dead or malfunctioning? Do you think that those arent acceptable temperatures? Keep in mind that its the CPU Temp, not the Socket Temp what I was referring to.

You think my temp censor might be dead or malfunctioning? Do you think that those arent acceptable temperatures? Keep in mind that its the CPU Temp, not the Socket Temp what I was referring to.

Yes, I know. Is this a 45 degree delta temperature or is it delta + ambient?

If your getting 45 delta + ambient and you're in a climate controlled house then I'd be sceptical of a functioning core temperature sensor.

Just my 2 cents. Partly because I've had the same problem on my old phenom II, it was constantly on 45c delta + ambient.

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

Yes, I know. Is this a 45 degree delta temperature or is it delta + ambient?

If your getting 45 delta + ambient and you're in a climate controlled house then I'd be sceptical of a functioning core temperature sensor.

Just my 2 cents. Partly because I've had the same problem on my old phenom II, it was constantly on 45c delta + ambient.

I have 45 celcius + ambient, ambient temp is around 15 to 20 celcius. I personally dont think I have a malfuctioning sensor, due to the fact that people with similar oc, voltage, and cooling are having this same temps. How would you check the cpu temp? Just to be sure I dont have nothing to worry about, besides I can send my chip to RMA if it has a faulty sensor.

Just to keep things clear

• Ambient is 15 to 20 depending mostly on open windows in the apartment and those kinda things
  • CPU Idles temp reading in HWMonitor is 20 to 25 and I think its because of the above, My case is beneath a window.
  • CPU Load temp reading in HWMonitor is 50 in full load after hours of Prime95, generally it wont go above 45.
  • Socket goes from 35 idle to 55 full load after hours of Prime95, also getting this from HWMonitor.
  • I have a FX8320 4.4G with 1.38V and H100i in push with the stock fans

I have 45 celcius + ambient, ambient temp is around 15 to 20 celcius. I personally dont think I have a malfuctioning sensor, due to the fact that people with similar oc, voltage, and cooling are having this same temps. How would you check the cpu temp? Just to be sure I dont have nothing to worry about, besides I can send my chip to RMA if it has a faulty sensor.

Just to keep things clear

• Ambient is 15 to 20 depending mostly on open windows in the apartment and those kinda things
  • CPU Idles temp reading in HWMonitor is 20 to 25 and I think its because of the above, My case is beneath a window.
  • CPU Load temp reading in HWMonitor is 50 in full load after hours of Prime95, generally it wont go above 45.
  • Socket goes from 35 idle to 55 full load after hours of Prime95, also getting this from HWMonitor.
  • I have a FX8320 4.4G with 1.38V and H100i in push with the stock fans

Well i guess that sounds believable. Try stopping one of your h100i fans and see if the temps go up. If they don't then it's probably faulty.

No need for an RMA though, the chips still works and as long as you think you're comfortable with the voltage the H100i should have your back ;)