How to Purchase Corsair Replacement Parts?

Good Day,

I own a Corsair K95 RGB Platinum. I like the keyboard, but some of the more delicate plastic parts (wrist-rest clips, keyboard legs) have broken over the past two years of use, and one of the keycaps is defective.

The keyboard is out of warranty. I would like to purchase replacement parts. I’ve been in contact with Corsair support, but the rep said individual parts were not available for sale. I’m wondering if there is another way to go about purchasing replacement parts?

Thanks for your time.

You could buy another keyboard and take the parts from that.  However, I have to wonder what kind of quality they deliver when a keyboard falls apart like that.  And then they don't even have spare parts?

19 minutes ago, heimdali said:

You could buy another keyboard and take the parts from that.  However, I have to wonder what kind of quality they deliver when a keyboard falls apart like that.  And then they don't even have spare parts?

I will neither confirm nor deny that “privateering” is a last-resort option. That said, I broke the parts, I should pay to replace them, if they can be found.

I’m sure they have spare parts. I’m just not sure why support can’t sell them to those who need replacements. The cynic in me thinks it’s an attempt to drive consumers to purchase a new keyboard outright. But, that’s one heck of an unnecessary way to create e-waste if true. I’m kinda hoping that it’s just a case of “my support rep sucked,” and  that there’s another way to work this out.

Why would they sell you spare parts when they can make more money selling you new keyobards.  The more e-waste they create, the more money they make.  Force them to do something about the waste, and they'll simply increase prices to make up for the costs, and you end up paying for it so they can make more money.  That also makes the government happy because you also pay more sale tax when the prices are higher.

Your sales rep is smart not to sell you spare parts because you're paying for his wage by buying new keyboards.

That's how it works.