Local and php

Go to solution Solved by C2dan88,

No

Hi, so I was wondering since I am using macOS Monterey and as you know php is not included but local installs it in order for it to work. Well apparently that php install is only for local. Local installs it only for itself to use, and not systemwide. Because if I try a php command in terminal it doesn't work as if it's not installed. So am I wrong? Does Local install PHP systemwide and if it does how do I access it? If it's not systemwide then I will need to install it to use it outside of local. If I do will that be a problem.?Like I don't want to duplicate install php and then have 2 phps, regardless if that will cause problems or not.

this is the local I am talking about: https://localwp.com

Each version of php installed by Local is installed to your user account config folder.  It is not install globally.

To see where php is installed click "Open Site Shell" and type "which php" into the command prompt

Local allows you to run each site in its own environment. So you can have multiple instances of php, MySQL,  Apache or ngix running at the same time on multiple sites and they wont interfere with one another.

5 hours ago, C2dan88 said:

Each version of php installed by Local is installed to your user account config folder.  It is not install globally.

To see where php is installed click "Open Site Shell" and type "which php" into the command prompt

Local allows you to run each site in its own environment. So you can have multiple instances of php, MySQL,  Apache or ngix running at the same time on multiple sites and they wont interfere with one another.

That's awesome! But if I install php systemwide will that be a problem with local?