What is the most strict way to block websites on your computer?

I don't know if any of you are experienced with extensions like StayFocusd, but those extensions are just horrible at blocking websites. I have tried many of these website blockers and most of the time, either they work, or don't work, or can be bypassed with a vpn.  I did initially learn about the editing host files method but that can be bypassed using a vpn, very easily. Is there any other way I can strictly block websites on my computer? Like just on my pc and not on other devices such as my phone or someone's else's phone?

I'd also love to know if there is any way I can block specific websites on my entire network. Like no one using my wifi connection at home (wireless or ethernet) can access it, on their laptop/computer/phone etc.

VPN will usually get you around most things.

I'm thinking a PiHole setup to block unwanted sites on your network would do well.

An external device is really the only way to make it nearly 100% foolproof.

Vpns and proxies basically will always circumvent an internal software solution but a external firewall or pihole will simply block ANY traffic from a blacklisted site unless it is super encrypted and unreadable (which a firewall often still can block as it is seen as harmfull data).

You can do this on a per user level by making it so users vpn into your firewall, pihole,... whatever and based on the user used a different blacklist is active

One of the most used methods is creating a domain network + configuring your router to work under specific proxy settings. This is because VPNs fail to work with a proxy connection, provided that the proxy settings are the only gateway for access to internet. Moreover, your VPN can remotely connect to a virtual server only when you have access to internet, which in this case is by a proxy and port. This is the most used methods of blocking access to torrents and other websites in some Indian colleges/universities, even though the restriction can be bypassed by bridging the proxified connection to a VM and later using a VPN.

Unfortunately I won't be able to do anything that is as intensive as the methods the three of you have mentioned. Isn't there a more beginner friendly newbie way of doing this stuff? I don't want to get into the whole physical device thing and then running my network through it and all that.

6 hours ago, newuser2022 said:

Unfortunately I won't be able to do anything that is as intensive as the methods the three of you have mentioned. Isn't there a more beginner friendly newbie way of doing this stuff? I don't want to get into the whole physical device thing and then running my network through it and all that.

These ARE the easy ways.

14 hours ago, newuser2022 said:

No. These are the easy and proper ways.

Blocking software is technically the easiest but its extremely easy to circumvent by just googling how to circumvent software "x" following the 5min yt video and done