Help with 4 to 3pin argb fan adapter

Nicnac

Hey everyone. 
I have two fractal prisma rgb fans lying around and finally wanted to use them. I have no experience with rgb mods so please bear with me. My mobo has a 4 pin header labeled CPU_LED. Ideally I’d like to control two fans using this header. I’ve seen Y-cable from 4 to 3pin headers on Amazon but unsure if that’s safe and how I can control it in the end. I’d like to avoid buying an extra controller if possible. Any tips are greatly appreciated. 

Folding stats

Vigilo Confido

which motherboard do you have?

CPU_LED is a very vague term for what would be an RGB controller (you'd expect it to be CPU_RGB or something..) and 4-pin RGB and 3-pin aRGB are not interchangeable in any way. (you'd have to basicly build an entire RGB controller in between to translate..)

also.. are we talking about the 'powering the fan' side of the fans, or the 'driving LEDs' side of the fans? just to make sure..

afaik

• 4pin 12v RGB (can't change color for each individual diodes, only whole strip)
  • 3pin 5v addressable RGB (aka D-RGB)

your source (mobo in this case) is supplying 12v, you need some adapter to change it to 5v

if u plug in 5v LED directly to 12v header, it MIGHT fry the argb controller on the 5v fans

Ryzen 5700x + EK Supremacy D-RGB | 2x8 GB DDR4 Klevv 3200 MT/s | MSI B550M Mortar | Palit 3070 GamingPro LHR + Bykski N-PT3070PRO-X | Corsair RM750 | Alphacool EPDM + QDC | Aquacomputer Quadro + HighFlow2 | EK D5 XTOP | Freezemod 360 30mm rad + Barrow Dabel-20b 360 20mm | Barrow & Freezemod fittings | Corsair 5000D Airflow

Audio: beyerdynamic DT 900 Pro X + iFi ZEN Air DAC + Razer Seiren Mini